cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alternative2211
Strollin' around

Hi again!

I know I am not even remotely the only person who, due to ADHS or Dyslexia or being a visual learning-type or a not super-tech-savvy person, finds it challenging to deal with a long list of settings without graphic UI.
At the very least there should be a ? button near each about:config setting to get an explanation of what it's for.
Otherwise it's a function that realistically only few people will make use of, which is a pity.

Another user-friendly idea would be to make the most relevant of these tweaks directly accessible from the normal Firefox Settings.

If Mozilla brags so much about how amazingly flexible and configurable Firefox is, but most of these settings are not accessible to common mortals, it's a rather empty bragging.

Be user friendly!

6 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Boobieta
Familiar face

+1 on the explanation of each setting. The UI seems to me, adequate.

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager
okay_okay
Making moves

I agree 👍