1) For each download: Show the source URL (at least domain) being downloaded from (this should be obvious)
2) Show a total download speed stat (summing all the individual downloads)
3) Ability to clear individual downloads from the list (not just "clear all")
4) Option for auto-retry/resume on failure of a download
5) Currently when you retry more than once -- on the 2nd try it overwrites the downloaded file with an error message (why?)
6) Make [finished downloads text: green], [failed:red], [pending:black]
7) Have a column for status -- and be able to sort on that
8 ) Make the progress bar smaller (in full screen it goes the full length of screen)
Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.
Here are some similar ideas to improve the downloads window:
Add delete button for downloads
Display domain for in-progress downloads
9) An option to "Archive" downloaded links (as opposed to just "Clearing" them).
If the user tries to download a previously downloaded url -- the download window should inform the user that this has been downloaded before and query whether it should be downloaded again. (This could be optional).