cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZoltanKyiv

Dear Firefox Team,

I am a regular user of Firefox and a big fan of its Reader View feature, which I find to be superior to similar options in other browsers. I frequently use Reader View to read books online, and it greatly enhances my reading experience. However, I have encountered an issue that I believe could be addressed to make Reader View even more user-friendly.

When I enter Reader View, I notice that page numbers in the form of hyperlinks are hidden. This means that to navigate to the next page, I am required to exit Reader View, click on the link to the next page, and then re-enter Reader View. This process is quite cumbersome and disrupts the flow of my reading.

To address this issue, I would like to propose a new feature for Reader View: the ability to toggle hyperlinks on and off within the reading mode. This functionality is already available in Google Chrome, as shown in the attached screenshot. By implementing a similar option in Firefox's Reader View, users would have the flexibility to choose whether they want hyperlinks to be visible or hidden while in reading mode.

The proposed hyperlink toggle feature would greatly improve the user experience for those who regularly read multi-page content, such as online books or articles, in Reader View. It would allow for seamless navigation between pages without the need to constantly switch between reading mode and the regular web page view.

I believe that this enhancement would make Firefox's Reader View even more attractive to users and further distinguish it from similar features in other browsers. I would be immensely grateful if you could consider implementing this feature in a future update of Firefox.

Thank you for your attention and for your commitment to providing an exceptional browsing experience through Firefox.

Best regards,
ZolTan

1 Comment
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.