cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rodbtx

Change the "Get Messages Icon" in Ver 115. Make it bigger, more obvious what it is. Thx.

30 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

MattAuSupport
Familiar face

I think the icon actually needs to be something other than a rain cloud!  I finally worked out it was not a poorly formed tree.  I completely missed it the first couple of times I used this new and rather unwieldy interface.

vtzsolt

Yes, this is a big problem especially in corporate environments where passwords are not saved. You have to search and hunt for the icon every time to download messages.
However, if you put the ,,Get messeges" button to the toolbar it does not download the messages for the accounts that do not have the stored passwords and this is a bug.

Breizh13
Strollin' around

I could see two buttons. The first for all messages from all accounts, and the second for the account selected in TBird.
And indeed, in release 115, the button is ridiculously small compared to its neighbor "New message".

--

Philippe

FlameOn

Why isn't this the same icon that users are already familiar with from most other apps, ie the refresh / reload icon, eg:

A screenshot montage of a wide variety of email clients. All use a similar icon for refreshing email, which is circled in red in each case. Includes screenshots from Gmail, YahooMail, Outlook, iCloud mail among others.

bsaintg

and perhaps make look a bit less like a thumbs-down?

EdOfXP

make the get message tab larger and/or move the "new Mail" tab I need to use the get message tab a each time I get mail to download it from Mail Washer

Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

kshufjkshdfukhs

Thunderbird updated last night. The "get mail" icon is now tiny, with a big space next to it. The "New Message" button is usable, so I don't know why the get mail has been made so unusably small. I click that more than I write a new message. Who makes these decisions? Anyway, it would be good if it could go back to being a bigger icon, or a button with writing, so it isn't so fiddly to click on.

kshufjkshdfukhs

Yep, no idea why they shrunk the Get Messages button. It should be as big as New Message and have text. It's a case of people who don't use something messing it up, and not considering that other people might use the software differently from them, and need that feature! Good UI doesn't make things so small and fiddly they can be hard to click on. (Ditto Thunderbird scrollbars, which ignore the OS settings and insist on being tiny and hard to use.)

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

(Note: similar ideas have been merged into this thread)

loffos

Absolutely need a button to get all new message from all accounts for unified inbox.  PITA to right click and choose from menu.

samthepilot

Yeah. It should be equal to New Message Button and selectable to display or not.

Wombat
Strollin' around

Agree with the other comments, this important button needs to be larger or more obvious.

RipVW

What's more obvious than a button with the text 'Get Messages'? First time users will be helped, long time users don't have to remember a new icon.