One usability failure I observe frequently is situation where:
- I have many tabs opened,
- I start Firefox,
- my network configuration is (temporary) wrong (for example docking station Ethernet not working),
- Firefox ends ALL my tabs with "Problem loading page",
- and now, even If I restart Firefox again I still have 30 or more Tabs stuck with "last state" = "Problem loading page" and they do not reload automatically anymore 😞
- All Tab look now the same on my GUI so I even do not know where is the page I am interested with at the moment so I have to look for it by manually reloading tabs one by one,
- now I have to manually reload each and every Tab.
Some king of configuration switch forcing FFox to reload tabs during its starting routine would help with this usability failure 🙂
Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.
Great Idea, I use a couple VPN's and this would make a great way to quickly rehook your Tabs to the new network quickly, should be easy to program without great amount of hours or ad overhead to FF. Thanks!!
would this work: click a tab, then shift+click another tab or ctrl+click other tabs. then right click, and select "Reload Tabs"
Yes. Multiple selection (Shift+ or CTRL+) works and may be considered as acceptable workaround. Thank you.
Still would consider check box in FF configuration, next to option "Open previous windows and tabs" during Startup, to "Reload content of previous windows and tabs" 🙂 as currently it opens "Problem loading page" message only in such a situation where last time there was (indeed) problem on network level.
Anyway - thank you for the tip!
An option to refresh all opened tab in menu or a button