cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zero-party data

msonbell
Making moves

New to Connect, and searching for the Subject "zero-party data" didn't get any direct hits. Apologies in advance if I missed it. Feel free to redirect.

Interested in (a) anything in the Moz pipeline and (b) the community's sentiments.

To prime the discussion pump:

1. what is your willingness to share basic demographic (never PII) data behind a Relay-like shield?
  2. what about interests/intents/etc... all the stuff the surveilleurs collect & sell?
  3. if willing to share, what would you want in exchange? is privacy respect sufficient?
3 REPLIES 3

Vincent
Employee
Employee

I'm not sure what zero-party data is, but reading those three points, I figured you might be interested in Mozilla Rally.

(Note: while I work at Mozilla, I'm not involved with Mozilla Rally - just thought I'd share something interesting as someone who happened to read your post.)

Thanks. Rally is interesting and adjacent, but zero-party data is a different concept: the user owns and shares data explicitly, as a substitute for cookies & and other surveillance-sourced data.

Tony-Cinotto
Employee
Employee

Howdy @Jon just wanted to flag to you as @msonbell had reached out about the best place to post this 🙂