cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouTube video full screen mode

C_wyd
Making moves

Hi guys. I feel a little annoyed when I click the full screen on YouTube in FireFox and it will black out in a short time. On other browsers like Chrome and Edge, if you click full-screen mode on YouTube and it will show a full-screen straightforward. Don't you think?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jscher2000
Leader

@C_wyd wrote:

Hi guys. I feel a little annoyed when I click the full screen on YouTube in FireFox and it will black out in a short time. On other browsers like Chrome and Edge, if you click full-screen mode on YouTube and it will show a full-screen straightforward. Don't you think?

Hopefully you found this a while back on another site, but just in case and for anyone else reading:

(A) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.

More info on about:config: Configuration Editor for Firefox. Please keep in mind that changes made through this back door aren't fully supported and aren't guaranteed to continue working in the future.

(B) In the search box in the page, type or paste transition-duration and pause while the list is filtered

Firefox should show at least two preferences starting with full-screen-api

(C) Double-click the full-screen-api.transition-duration.enter preference to display an editing field, and change the value to 0 0 (two zeroes with a space between) then press Enter or click the blue check mark button to save the change.

(D) Double-click the full-screen-api.transition-duration.leave preference to display an editing field, and change the value to 0 0 (two zeroes with a space between) then press Enter or click the blue check mark button to save the change.

That should get rid of the transition period.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

zsvht6f3-053
Making moves

same here. i'm using a 34inch monitor can't figure it out

MichaelScott
Making moves

After playing the video for a few minutes, the tab will crash

@MichaelScott wrote:

After playing the video for a few minutes, the tab will crash

That sounds like a different issue. Could you follow up on Mozilla Support? See: https://support.mozilla.org/kb/firefox-crashes-asking-support

jscher2000
Leader

@C_wyd wrote:

Hopefully you found this a while back on another site, but just in case and for anyone else reading:

(A) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.

More info on about:config: Configuration Editor for Firefox. Please keep in mind that changes made through this back door aren't fully supported and aren't guaranteed to continue working in the future.

(B) In the search box in the page, type or paste transition-duration and pause while the list is filtered

Firefox should show at least two preferences starting with full-screen-api

(C) Double-click the full-screen-api.transition-duration.enter preference to display an editing field, and change the value to 0 0 (two zeroes with a space between) then press Enter or click the blue check mark button to save the change.

(D) Double-click the full-screen-api.transition-duration.leave preference to display an editing field, and change the value to 0 0 (two zeroes with a space between) then press Enter or click the blue check mark button to save the change.

That should get rid of the transition period.

When i changed both the transitions values to 0 0 it's started being junky on switching to full screen instead of black screen. Is there any way to smooth transition like other browser or disable it completely to be normal?