cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yandex and Mail.ru have been removed

ansverrr
Making moves

Yandex and Mail.ru have been removed as optional search providers in the drop-down search menu in Firefox.

I used Firefox since i used Internet because of Mozilla Manifesto. Even when technologically Firefox was piece of sh..t against Chromium. But now you violated your own principles, come down to the censorship. Sorry, but goodbye.

INFORMATION SERVICES MUST BE FREE, aren't they?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ChristosP
Making moves

Today it is Yandex and Mail.ru. Tomorrow it will be something else. Mozilla is not honoring its own Manifesto towards a free internet. 

Personally I am going to wait for the next version hoping that common sense will prevail and things will be fixed. If they don't, thank God, there are many browsers out there to choose from. After all, come on you Mozilla guys... It's just a browser that you are developing, not sending people to Mars. No big deal. It's not like our life depends on it.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

hexploy
Making moves

I don't really care about Yandex or Mail.ru, but forcefully change user's settings is a wrong way of doing things. There is nothing left from good old Firefox

ChristosP
Making moves

Today it is Yandex and Mail.ru. Tomorrow it will be something else. Mozilla is not honoring its own Manifesto towards a free internet. 

Personally I am going to wait for the next version hoping that common sense will prevail and things will be fixed. If they don't, thank God, there are many browsers out there to choose from. After all, come on you Mozilla guys... It's just a browser that you are developing, not sending people to Mars. No big deal. It's not like our life depends on it.

wow, you have a lot of patience my friend... Or you're lazier than me. don't know which, but take it as a complement!
Lately mozilla has taken a lot of unpopular and even some unethical choices, just to conform with the flow. at the end of the week I'll be looking for a new browser to replace FF. That's final; FF has gone too far.

Ramouz
Making moves

I just signed up here after seeing the changelog. I don't use Yandex nor mail.ru apart from their webmaster tools for my businesses, just like with Bing Webmaster Tools and Google Search Console.

I have to say though, my goodness what a pathetic and CHILDISH change Firefox is doing. This is sooo childish. The world really is led by childish people in power who want us to be influenced by their power hungry beliefs. And those people in power were never rebuked and corrected by their parents and were never taught that "it's fine not to be power hungry" and so on. I already want to move to another browser after 20 years as this browser is buggy and has multiple issues even on fresh Windows installations. This is it.

Nikita
Making moves

Поддерживаю👍. Интересно чего добъется Мазила этим???

yyy
Making moves

Забвения )

mifox
Making moves

Mozilla should be ashamed of itself for playing the cancel culture card. What happened? Political toy?

Unfortunately.. I noticed hints of it years ago but it's very clear now that they're controlled. Evil organizations.

yyy
Making moves

Return Yandex till 01.12.2022. Otherwise bye-bye Firefox. Can't live without politics ? Open Youtube channel, leave Firefox development to someone else.