cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What makes Firefox consume more battery on Android

venred
Making moves

Firefox is a great browser and my favourite from long time. I recently upgraded to Android 14 phone and see Firefox consuming more battery life compared to other applications. I have signed out and not syncing to see if that improves. It did improve a bit, but still it is consuming higher battery than other browsers.

I do casual browsing and use multiple sites including X, chatgpt, various forums, news in this browser. I end up having 15+ tabs in 1 hr of browsing as it opens a new tab always whenever I go to a different site, even though that's not my intention to keep old tab open.

Battery consumption stats show around 20% of battery use for 1hr usage. In last 14 days, overall consumption of this app shows around 39% with 22hrs of usage.

This is the highest battery consumed app. Default chrome browser consumed around 10% with 10hrs of similar usage over 14 days.

I am using latest Firefox version on Android 14. I also tested many other browsers along side Firefox to see if I missed anything. I am only using unlock origin plugin and no other plugins installed.

0 REPLIES 0