cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thunderbird Suggestions

Eagle_3
Making moves

It would be more convenient to right click on a message and select "Create filter from message" than to click on the Message menu item.
It would be great to selectively display the "Message Pane" for each folder instead of globally for all folders. I want to turn it off for folders like Junk and Spam but display it for rest of the folders.

7 REPLIES 7

wsmwk
Thunderbird Team
Thunderbird Team

@Eagle_3 wrote:

It would be more convenient to right click on a message and select "Create filter from message" than to click on the Message menu item

This is already possible, but might not be obvious.  If you right click in the message header fields of the sender or receiver addresses, or in the subject line, you should have a context menu that includes "Create Filter From".

Wayne, Community Manager, Thunderbird

You are right, it is not obvious. But, I would have to open message to do that. I don't want to open it if it's spam or junk. I accidentally did that once and shortly after I was flooded with spam, over 300 in one day.

wsmwk
Thunderbird Team
Thunderbird Team

@Eagle_3 wrote:

It would be more convenient to right click on a message and select "Create filter from message" than to click on the Message menu item.
It would be great to selectively display the "Message Pane" for each folder instead of globally for all folders. I want to turn it off for folders like Junk and Spam but display it for rest of the folders.

I don't understand this idea. Does "favorites", described at https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/switching-folder-pane-view, match what you want to do??

That link goes to a Page not Found.

The idea is, when I select the Junk or Spam folder, I don't want the Message Pane to display. If it's displayed, I could accidentally click on a message and it would display the display the email, which I don't want. So, what I have to do is turn off the Message Pane for all folders before I open the Junk or Spam folders. But I want the Message Pane displayed for other folders.

wsmwk
Thunderbird Team
Thunderbird Team

View > Layout > Message Pane - or F8 on Windows.

It is not possible to turn off the message pane on a single-folder basis.

this code does it:

(() => {	

document.getElementById("folderTree").addEventListener("select", ()=>{
		if (gFolderDisplay.displayedFolder.name.toLowerCase() == "spam") {
			document.getElementById("threadpane-splitter").setAttribute("state","collapsed");
			document.getElementById("messagepaneboxwrapper").setAttribute("collapsed",true);
		} else {
			document.getElementById("threadpane-splitter").setAttribute("state","open");
			document.getElementById("messagepaneboxwrapper").removeAttribute("collapsed");
		}
	}, true);

})();

wsmwk
Thunderbird Team
Thunderbird Team

Eagle ??