cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thunderbird strange behaviour when clicking on links in emails

Peter-B
Making moves

I use Firefox and since ver 115 of Thunderbird If Firefox is closed and I click a link in an email in Thunderbird Firefox opens with the link in a new tab. ( Firefox is always closed with multiple tabs) This works as I expect and has always worked like that. However, since 115 if Firefox is already open when I click a link in Thunderbird it is opened in a new window not as a Tab in the existing window. This is very annoying. How do I fix that or is it as designed?

1 REPLY 1

Craig100
Making moves

For me, on Linux Mint Cinnamon, you never know what's going to happen when you click on a mail in the list. For the same single click the message could open in the viewing pane (which is what I want) OR it could also open up in a new tab. It's VERY frustrating. Particularly if you're trying to select a set of emails to move.  Sometimes when you click the last one the whole lot open up, then it takes forever to close each tab individually. It needs sorting out.  Something like a single click to view or select, and a double click to open in a tab.  Where can I suggest this to the creators of Thunderbird? I don't see a proper issue reporting system