cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thunderbird beta 115 unread indicator not cleared

dbreaux
Making moves

Ever since trying the beta (originally 114, now 115), I notice that the Windows taskbar and tray icons continue to show the red, "unread" count of messages even after I've read or deleted them. I have to click out of the Inbox and back in for the indicator to clear.

7 REPLIES 7

dbreaux
Making moves

FWIW, the folder view also continues to show highlighted (blue) for the Account as well, despite there being no unread messages in the folder. Again, until I select another folder then back to the Inbox.

ToolBelt
Making moves

I had this problem with v102 also.  For v105 I disabled the tray icon.

Seizaemon
Making moves

I am the same.

NaprIT
Making moves

The problem is still present in the final version 115.0.1 I started having it since upgrading to v115. I need an indicator in the tray with the amount of messages I get. Disabling it is not a fix. Is there any solution to this problem, e.g. in advanced settings?

I had the same issue and tried to change the setting "Automatically mark messages as read". I set "After displaying for 5 sec" (instead of immediately on display) and now seems to work well. Give it a try.

906230a3-69b0-4
Making moves

Same issue here. Don't know if related to also the system notifications https://connect.mozilla.org/t5/ideas/dismiss-new-email-notifications-when-email-is-clicked/idi-p/291...

IMO the two issues are not related.