cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thunderbird 102.6.1 (64-bit) icon on the Windows task bar is just a document folder

SolderMaster13
Making moves

The Thunderbird 102.6.1 (64-bit) icon on the Windows task bar is just a document empty folder,instead of the BLUE Thunderbird icon on the desktop. When I place a copy of the Thunderbird icon on the Windows 10 taskbar at the bottom of my screen, it turn into a empty document icon?? This started happening several version ago. It assets Thunderbird but it appears strange and unprofessional, please fix it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SolderMaster13
Making moves

The solution to this problem is to first save all your mail filters and calendar entries. Then DELETE and REMOVE all of Thunderbird files from your computer. Then reinstall thunderbird latest version and replace all your mail accounts, filters, and calendar entries via the import tool. It works but it takes a lot of work and time.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SolderMaster13
Making moves

The solution to this problem is to first save all your mail filters and calendar entries. Then DELETE and REMOVE all of Thunderbird files from your computer. Then reinstall thunderbird latest version and replace all your mail accounts, filters, and calendar entries via the import tool. It works but it takes a lot of work and time.

regischanaron
Making moves

I use Thunderbird since more than 10 years, and indeed this problem is always there. The Tbird icon in Windows task bar regularly changes into a simple doc and the link is lost :-(((((((((((((((((

WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED ????

I have no other app with that pb! 

Régis

Vicent_Garcia99
Making moves

Hello,

I'm running Windows10, and have been using Mozilla's Thunderbird for a long, long time.

This is the first time I'm experiencing this:
I've got Thunderbird pinned to the taskbar, and its icon shows as a blank doc icon.
If I unpin it from the taskbar (as I've got Thunderbird running), the icon changes to the correct blue icon.
As I shut/exit Thunderbird APP, the blue icon goes away (this is the correct/expected behavior).

This is happening only for the Thunderbird APP.

All help appreciated

Thanks