cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Broken Unified Extension Menu

Harshvrathi
Making moves

@Jon @JonS @jwatkins_admin @Justine @asafko @jscher2000 @t3t4 @hzm1016 @NovaFox @Zalathar

I have used Firefox 110.0 (64-bit) on Windows 10.

In Firefox, about:config, I have modified the "extensions.unifiedExtensions.enabled" preference.

Here are my problems:

The Old Overflow Toolbar Extension Menu (>>) was customizable, i.e., users were able to change the order of extensions. But the New Unified Toolbar Extension Menu is not.

Some extensions (Like "YouTube Tags" & "Hide YouTube Fullscreen Controls") in the old menu did not appear & in the new menu are greyed out. But they show in the about:addons Extensions tab.

Both the old & new menu buttons cannot be customized through the "Customized Toolbar..." feature.

2 REPLIES 2

jscher2000
Leader

@Harshvrathi wrote:

The Old Overflow Toolbar Extension Menu (>>) was customizable, i.e., users were able to change the order of extensions. But the New Unified Toolbar Extension Menu is not.

There is a bug on file to allow changing the order of menu items easily. (The current hard way is to pin them to the toolbar and then unpin them in the order or reverse order you want, or something like that.)

You can vote and add feedback to this Ideas thread: https://connect.mozilla.org/t5/ideas/unified-add-ons-ui-improvements/idi-p/20964

Some extensions (Like "YouTube Tags" & "Hide YouTube Fullscreen Controls") in the old menu did not appear & in the new menu are greyed out. But they show in the about:addons Extensions tab.

The extensions menu lists more extensions because even though they do not normally have a toolbar button, they may need you to grant site permissions in order to work on the current page. This is only applicable to "Manifest V3" extensions; older "Manifest V2" extensions cannot be enabled/disabled on a site-by-site basis, unfortunately.

Both the old & new menu buttons cannot be customized through the "Customized Toolbar..." feature.

I think there is a bug on file to allow moving the extensions button around, but I don't know whether it will get traction.

loyalFFuser
Making moves

Please allow for the puzzle icon be removed, hidden. Like with every other icon. It may seem quite prudish and annonying from me and similar posters but when you have something working and looking the way you like - this icon hidden and suddenly it does not hide anymore it is very frustrating. So much is changing in the world can we have some stability and familiarity in browser that we use for everything? Browser which is quite literally gateway to the world for people using Firefox browser? If someone likes it - fine, let them have big puzzle icon, but if someone, many users would like to hide it - let us hide it, please. Pretty please? It was hidebale -. is that a word? maybe. It has been until now. Can it be hidden again? Even by some tweak in about config, however. Please! Thank you very much in advance. Otherwise Firefox is perfect on memory, usability, users can set it up exactly like they want - apart from this little detail which is sitting at the upper right corner and is unhidable in Firefox 111.0.