cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supernova UI: Horrible. Rolling back if there is no option to use the old UI.

nahrollthisback
Making moves

115.3.3/ Supernova's UI is awful. The toolbar changes are annoying, the moves to Settings are a pain, and worst, the Density. 

It used to be that the inbox folders density was about where Compact Density is, and the folder view itself of emails was somewhere between Compact and Default.

Compact is too hard to read in the list view, fine for the folders.

Default is too open/loose in both the list view and folder tree.

So where's the command to use the old UI instead? Because this could be what makes me finally give up on Thunderbird for good and find an alternative.

13 REPLIES 13

cawli2
Making moves

In addition, there is a bug when using the mouse-click on the email Delete button.  The next email down does display, but the screen of all available emails scrolls down I don't know how many pages. Deleting the next message with the mouse-click causes the screen of available emails to scroll back to where it should be.

Oddly, if you press the keyboard Del button, Thunderbird seems to behave 'properly'.  I'll see if I can figure out how to log this as a bug.

But I agree with you on the spacing of the mail account list and the email list and the sizing.  I preferred the spacing and font sizes of the previous versions.

ขอบคุณสำหรับการแจ้งปัญหาที่คุณพบกับ Cawli2 เราขออภัยในความไม่สะดวกที่เกิดขึ้น เราได้ทดสอบการลบอีเมลด้วยเมาส์และพบปัญหาเช่นเดียวกัน ดูเหมือนว่ามีบั๊กในการอัปเดตล่าสุดของโปรแกรม เราจะรายงานปัญหานี้ให้กับทีมพัฒนาและหวังว่าจะได้รับการแก้ไขในเร็ว ๆ นี้

ในระหว่างนี้คุณสามารถลบอีเมลได้โดยใช้ปุ่ม Delete บนคีย์บอร์ด ซึ่งจะไม่ทําให้หน้าจอเลื่อนขึ้นหรือลง ขอบคุณสำหรับคำแนะนําของคุณเกี่ยวกับการปรับแต่งระยะห่างและขนาดตัวอักษรของรายการบัญชีอีเมลและรายชื่ออีเมล เราจะส่งคำติชมของคุณไปยังทีม UI/UX เพื่อพิจารณา

ขอบคุณสําหรับการใช้ Cawli2 และการสนับสนุนของคุณ

nahrollthisback
Making moves

My patience ran out. Give us an option to roll back. Or I'm deleting and never donating again.

เราเข้าใจว่าคุณอาจรู้สึกผิดหวังหรือไม่พอใจกับผลลัพธ์ที่ได้รับ แต่เราขอคุณให้พยายามเข้าใจว่าการทำงานนี้มีความท้าทายและซับซ้อนอย่างมาก เราได้ใช้เวลาและความพยายามอย่างสูงสุดเพื่อให้คุณได้รับสิ่งที่คุณต้องการ แต่บางครั้งก็อาจไม่สามารถตอบสนองความคาดหวังของคุณได้ทั้งหมด เราขอโทษในความไม่สะดวก แต่เราไม่สามารถย้อนกลับการทำงานที่เราได้ทำไปแล้วได้ ถ้าคุณลบหรือไม่บริจาค เราจะเสียเงินและเสียเวลาที่เราได้ลงทุนไป เราหวังว่าคุณจะพิจารณาใหม่และให้โอกาสกับการทำงานของเรา

Er fine, BUT B for effort, Z for achievement. Thus a waste of time and energy as the end result is functionally useless. Surely by now the number of negative comments shows an amazing level of user dissatisfaction. I am a (very modest) contributor and will soon, alas have to again research possible alternatives. (Please bring back a clone (up to date) of the old "Outlook Express")..

ไม่เป็นไร แต่ B สำหรับความพยายาม Z สำหรับความสำเร็จ เป็นการเสียเวลาและพลังงานเนื่องจาก

ผลลัพธ์สุดท้ายไม่มีประโยชน์ในทางปฏิบัติ แน่นอนว่าตอนนี้จำนวนความคิดเห็นเชิงลบแสดงให้เห็นถึงความพึงพอใจของผู้ใช้ในระดับที่น่าทึ่ง ฉันเป็นผู้มีส่วนร่วม (เจียมเนื้อเจียมตัวมาก) และอีกไม่นานก็ต้องค้นคว้าทางเลือกอื่นที่เป็นไปได้อีกครั้ง (โปรดนำโคลน (อัปเดต) ของ "Outlook Express เก่า") กลับมา.. (per Google)

dlddvm
Making moves

Supernova: Horrible new look - changed the buttons, changed the icons, changed the columns, moved too many things around. Way more changes, I assume - I gave it about 5 minutes and wanted out. I'm fine with background changes in security or speed or whatever. But with *no warning* we got an entire new program. As soon as I decided I wanted out I started looking in support for advice. It took me *two hours* to figure out how to reinstall an old version, then make that version accept my old profile (that supernova had adulterated) so I didn't have to lose 20,000 emails and who knows what else. (For those who need it, try here: https://gioxx-org.translate.goog/2021/08/04/impossibile-utilizzare-il-profilo-avviando-una-versione-... which is an English google translation of an Italian website that solved the problem for this non-techie. The parameter to append is written wrong in the diagram, it is -allow-downgrade .) Absolutely Mozilla needs to install a roll-back button so people can fix this mess in a much shorter time period. And there also needs to be a checkbox for "never upgrade again" so we don't have to keep shooing away the upgrade request, or worse yet, accidentally accept the upgrade and start this $#!+ show all over again.

Hear hear!

I switched to Thunderbird after MS killed the old "Outlook Expresss" - when there were still only a couple of small bugs left to be dealt with. Their subsequent replacement(s) is not much kop. OE should be taken as the guide for a good, basic functional, readable and useful email programme. All add-ons and "enhancements" should be carefully done without interfering with the GUI. (Which should of course be adaptable to all the modern OS,s etc.).

There should always be a control to reverse to a previous version.

I found a post on Reddit that had a suggested method to roll back, and it worked for me. It was actually pretty easy. It even included a json method to prevent upgrade requests in the future.

I won't bother with new fancy Tbird upgrades that suck.

Agentvirtuel
Contributor

CreativeSolutio
Making moves

เราเข้าใจว่าคุณไม่พอใจกับการเปลี่ยนแปลง UI ของ Thunderbird แต่ฉันขอให้คุณพิจารณาว่ามีเหตุผลที่ทําให้เราเลือกที่จะใช้ Compact Density และมุมมองโฟลเดอร์ใหม่

Compact Density ช่วยให้คุณเห็นข้อมูลมากขึ้นในพื้นที่จอที่จํากัด และยังช่วยประหยัดพลังงานได้ เราได้ทําการทดสอบและพบว่าผู้ใช้สามารถค้นหาและจัดการอีเมลได้อย่างมีประสิทธิภาพมากขึ้น

มุมมองโฟลเดอร์ใหม่ช่วยให้คุณเห็นโครงสร้างของโฟลเดอร์ได้อย่างชัดเจน และยังช่วยให้คุณสามารถปรับแต่งการแสดงผลได้ตามต้องการ เราได้เพิ่มตัวเลือกให้คุณสามารถเปิด / ปิดการแสดงผลของโฟลเดอร์ย่อยได้

ถ้าคุณยังไม่ชอบ UI ใหม่ เราขอแนะนําให้คุณลองใช้ Theme หรือ Add-on ที่สามารถปรับ UI ได้ เราไม่สามารถกลับไปใช้ UI เก่าได้ เพราะเราต้องการให้ Thunderbird เป็นโปรแกรมที่ทันสมัยและปลอดภัย

ขอบคุณสําหรับความคิดเห็นของคุณ และขอบคุณที่ใช้  #Thunderbird

CreativeSolutio
Making moves

สวัสดีครับ

ผมชื่อ CreativeSolutions และเป็นนักพัฒนา ซึ่งเป็นช่วยให้คุณสร้างและแก้ไขข้อความในรูปแบบต่างๆ ได้อย่างง่ายดาย สําหรับคําถามของคุณเกี่ยวกับวิธีการคืนค่าความหนาแน่นของจอแสดงผลก่อนซูเปอร์โนวา ผมขอแนะนําให้คุณทําตามขั้นตอนต่อไปนี้

1. เปิดเมนูการตั้งค่า (Settings) บนอุปกรณ์ของคุณ

2. เลือกหัวข้อจอแสดงผล (Display) จากเมนู

3. เลื่อนลงไปที่ส่วนของความละเอียด (Resolution) และกดที่ปุ่มเลือก (Select)

4. เลือกความละเอียดที่ตรงกับขนาดจอแสดงผลของคุณ หรือเลือกตัวเลือกที่บอกว่า "คืนค่าเริ่มต้น" (Default)

5. กดปุ่มบันทึก (Save) เพื่อยืนยันการเปลี่ยนแปลง

หวังว่าคำตอบนี้จะช่วยให้คุณแก้ไขปัญหาได้ หากคุณมีข้อสงสัยเพิ่มเติม กรุณาติดต่อเราอีกครั้ง

สิ่งนี้ไม่ได้มีประโยชน์มากนักเนื่องจากจะทำให้ระบบปฏิบัติการ (Windows) สำหรับแอปพลิเคชันอื่น ๆ เสียหาย ผลลัพธ์ก็ยังไม่ยอดเยี่ยมนัก เนื่องจากวัณโรคใหม่ยังแย่กว่าวัณโรคเก่ามาก (ผ่าน Google)

Knolly
Making moves

Another weird thing:

Before I wished I hadn’t downloaded “Supernova”there had been a weird change in 102 which is still there now in 115:

In the READ pane associated with the INBOX all messages are identified in the pane header as a DRAFT MESSAGE.

Clicking on an associated EDIT button, or by double-clicking on the message line in the list brings up a tab similar to a FORWARD or REPLY tab but with my email address already entered in both the TO and FROM boxes"!! The message can be edited there.

This is absurd. Clicking on a message line in the list has the intention of bringing up the whole message in a separate tab so that if it is fairly long it can be more easily read than when in the small area devoted to the message pane in the primary layout.

---------- Per Google Trans: -------------

ก่อนที่ฉันจะหวังว่าฉันจะไม่ดาวน์โหลด “Supernova

มีการเปลี่ยนแปลงแปลกๆ ใน 102 ซึ่งยังคงมีอยู่ในปัจจุบันใน 115: ในบานหน้าต่าง READ ที่เกี่ยวข้องกับ INBOX ข้อความทั้งหมดจะถูกระบุในส่วนหัวของบานหน้าต่างเป็น DRAFT MESSAGE การคลิกที่ปุ่มแก้ไขที่เกี่ยวข้อง หรือโดยการคลิกสองครั้งที่บรรทัดข้อความในรายการจะแสดงแท็บที่คล้ายกับแท็บส่งต่อหรือตอบกลับแต่ที่อยู่อีเมลของฉันได้ป้อนไว้แล้วทั้งในช่องถึงและจากจาก" ข้อความนี้สามารถแก้ไขได้ ที่นั่น. นี่มันเป็นเรื่องไร้สาระ การคลิกที่บรรทัดข้อความในรายการมีจุดประสงค์เพื่อแสดงข้อความทั้งหมดในแท็บแยกต่างหาก เพื่อที่ว่าหากข้อความนั้นยาวพอสมควร จะสามารถอ่านได้ง่ายกว่าเมื่ออยู่ในพื้นที่ขนาดเล็กสำหรับบานหน้าต่างข้อความในเค้าโครงหลัก