cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to return to a pre-supernova version of Thunderbird?

EKH
Making moves

EDIT: After more than a week of working well, Thunderbird started freezing again. I tried multiple window sizes to no avail. BUT! I did finally find instructions for rolling back the version of Thunderbird to pre-Supernova and blocking any future automatic updates, allowing me to return to full-screen operation. Those instructions can be found via the link below:

https://www.companionlink.com/support/kb/How_to_downgrade_ThunderBird_Supernova_115_to_Regular_Thund...

EDIT: I have found that sizing the Thunderbird window down to 1280x1024 keeps Thunderbird from freezing. My monitor is 1980x1300 and I've always run Thunderbird full-screen. While this workaround keeps me going, it's a hassle to deal with smaller windows than I want to.

------

I have had nothing but trouble since the Supernova upgrade. Thunderbird is constantly freezing. It doesn't matter if it's minimized, hidden behind something else, or active and on top. Give it enough time (usually 6-8 hours) and it'll freeze. I manage dozens of email accounts, several having hundreds of subfolders. It's a huge pain in the neck for it to freeze.

I've looked at "solution" threads and they all start the same way, "go into Windows' Safe mode and start troubleshooting." No offense, but I didn't have ANY problems with Thunderbird before Supernova. Now there are problems. Blaming Microsoft seems pretty petty. I have no interest in trying to figure out how to change the operating system to make an unstable application upgrade happy.

Are there features in Thunderbird that I can shut off, disabling whatever was done that's pissing off Windows? If not, then I'd like to move back to a version before Supernova and get off this piece of junk development thread. Is there a way to do that?

Processor Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU W3565 @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
Device ID DF7C2380-57C7-464D-802E-0D0E050B0C58
Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA460
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎12/‎20/‎2020
OS build 19045.3803
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0

0 REPLIES 0