cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop firefox constantly checking for updates

DRS
Making moves

Why does Firefox constantly or continuously check for updates. It freezes the program. How can you stop this. It has got out of hand. It is a good way to make you switch to other browsers.

Why should the users of the program have to sort it out and not the program developers or is because they don't care.

I am using Firefox 112.0 on Windows 11

7 REPLIES 7

Benjamin-L
Making moves

I have the same problem, its really annoying. Working with firefox is just not possible right now.

I'm on version 113.0.2 and use win10.

I already tried a fresh installation of firefox and tried to setup some of the about:config configurations regarding update search. But no use....

i cured the auto-update issue on mine manually.....in the toolbar, hit help, then hit "about"....a small box loads....auto update box is check-marked....remove the check-mark and exit

NPD
Making moves

I have the same problem. Even when I change windows or tabs it does another check for updates. Very disruptive to my workflow. Might return to Safari until it gets fixed.

Using Firefox 114.0.1 on MacOS Monterey.

smayya
Making moves

We have seen similar problem caused by certain anti-virus software. Can you share the anti-virus software you are using?

prescott66
Making moves

i cured the auto-update issue on mine manually.....in the toolbar, hit help, then hit "about"....a small box loads....auto update box is check-marked....remove the checkmark and exit

J1mW
Making moves

I have no "about" in the Help section?! This issue is horrendous, agree with others, workflow is impossible! Firefox 115.5 / Mac OSX 10.13.6. Surely there is a solution for this nightmare?!