cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opened or closed folder stay not stabile in next run

wetabax
Making moves

I use many tabs. Each tab is a specific email account. So I setted the folder list with only the account from the tab showing the subfolders, and all other account folders closed.

I shut the program down. Next run, Thunderbird opens all folders, despite I had set them closed. And there is no special command like Ctrl+- or Ctrl+/ that closes all opened folders. I must close each one, one after the other.

Any ideas?

thanks and regards

TB - PortableApp version, 115.6.0 64b

4 REPLIES 4

Agentvirtuel
Contributor

Hello

Try (to see if) folderTree.json
For your information, you can view the contents of folderTree.json with Notepad

Go to your profile
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profiles-where-thunderbird-stores-user-data#w_how-do-i-find-my-..., Open Folder
Then, stop Thunderbird
Then, in your profile, delete the file folderTree.json or rename the file (for example) folderTree.json-old
Then, launch Thunderbird
Then, perform your checks
folderTree.json will be created automatically

It seems that folderTree.json is a file to a simple view in only one tab, showing how each folder will be displayed at the left side.

I can presume, problem is, I have 7 tabs opened, each one with a specific folder structure (almost all closed but one opened - and this only for the account for this tab).

This probably confuses the presentation of other tabs, since each tab always has a different folder open and others closed.

The offerede proposal (delete folderTree.json) doesn't solve the issue. As I said: there are 7 tabs, each one with a different folder structure. I think, Trbrd can't administrate this.

wetabax
Making moves

And thanks a lot for your answer, Agentvirtuel!