cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow response marking unread to read

PSN
Making moves

I recently updated my T-Bird to version 115.3.2 (64-bit). Since I did that, it may take 5 or more seconds for message to reflect that it is read. Previous versions would go from unread to read the instant you clicked on them. When you are dealing with several/many messages, it creates an unnecessary waste of time waiting for it to finish.

7 REPLIES 7

nick3
Making moves

I'm sure this problem you describe is down to the glacial pace Thunderbird now does anything (it is sometimes taking 20 seconds or more to open an email tab now for me), but just to be sure, in Settings->General, under Reading & Display, have you got it set to mark messages as read immediately, and not after a certain amount of time?

PSN
Making moves

Thanks Nick3,

I double checked and it is set for immediately. I noticed a couple other posts that seem to have similar issues. Let's hope the T-Bird folks are paying attention.

I have mine set that way, and it takes a long time on some emails, and sometimes won't mark read unless I right click and select mark as read.

samtech2023
Making moves

Version 115.3.3 Yes mark as read is VERY slow. it is NOT Instant. 

samtech2023
Making moves

I am having the same issue, takes forever to mark as read when you have many emails coming in. 

dougej
Making moves

I am having this same problem, but not for every message. Maddening.

it looks like the messages that take longer to load take longer to mark as read.