cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your thoughts on how you shop online!

mozillajoy
Employee
Employee

Hello Firefox Community! 

I’m Joy, a member of the Firefox Product team. I’m excited to engage with you on Mozilla Connect and learn more about your experiences shopping online on Firefox. 

Our team is working on ways to support and enhance your online shopping experience, from the moment you start thinking about shopping for something, to researching different options, to purchasing with confidence. We would love to hear your thoughts on how we could make Firefox even better for shopping, particularly in how we can help ensure you feel safe, secure, and in control while shopping online. 

We welcome all ideas, big or small, and are open to discussing everything from blue-sky concepts to smaller improvements we could make in your current browser experience. 

I’ll be checking this thread a few times each week and am looking forward to your feedback. Thanks so much for helping us make Firefox even better!

46 REPLIES 46

letenacio
Making moves

Hello, I hope I am not 'necroing' this thread too hard, but I thought it would be better to contribute to an existing thread.

I attempted to move from Brave to Firefox recently and found the credit card autofill on mobile to be essentially nonfunctional. I had to physically go and find my credit card 3 times within 48 hours and found it completely unusable. For me, given the security of credit cards and my ability to work with credit card companies on fraud, convenience and accessibility far outweigh security. I want my browser to autofill my credit card incredibly easily. I moved back to Brave immediately, despite it being an inferior browser, due to this issue. 

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Oh not at all @letenacio - this is good feedback, keep it coming! Will also share this with our credential management team. 

Hi there,

My name is Isabella and - I'm a product manager at Mozilla working on credential management (which includes credit card autofill). We're continually working on improving the feature so I would love to learn more about the issues you were having. A couple of follow up questions for you:

(1) Were you trying to use credit card autofill on iOS or Android?

(2) Do you recall the sites you tried to use it on?

(3) Do you remember when you encountered these issues?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, could be a bug. Have you ever considered third party apps like proton pass? Never fails me.

You can file bugs in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/home

Describe what you did, what happened etc, it's possible someone else had the same issue and already reported, when you write the keywords, you'll see if anyone else did, if they did you can jump in to reinforce.

okocop
Making moves

I only use Firefox for shopping because...  I tried many browsers - firefox turned out to be more convenient (and safer) for me,
 1 .  When I want to buy something, I look through dozens of online stores and products, I bookmark the products I like.  firefox has built in bookmarks very wonderfully, I have more than 1000 of them .. and it's cool because firefox allows you to sort, delete, and rename them,
 2. then I look again (the “search” function among the bookmarks - I enter the “needed details”) and a list of products with this “details” appears - This is so cool!  Thanks firefox
 3. Built-in password manager, another tasty plus is its protection with a master password, oh, this is great!  It's so cool!  Thanks firefox.. Colleagues at work cannot use a shared computer - my passwords are because they are protected by a master password, that's cool!!!  Thanks firefox!!!
 4, I use the built-in password manager to log into online store sites.
 5, BUT when I chose a product - and decided to buy it, I add it to the cart, etc., at the time of purchase - for security, I use exclusively the Local  password manager like "keepass", this is old stuff, but how cool it is (!) and very safe, because its keys can be stored anywhere, locally, on a flash drive, or in the cloud.  And I don’t trust cloud password managers, clouds can be faked and redirected to a “shadow copy of the deceiver’s site” and you may send your requests for card data and codes to the cloud (to no one knows), the cloud (of any well-known company) can also block your access for any reason - failure, accident, non-payment of a wild amount of subscription fees, sanctions, etc.
 use local password managers, I recommend, you yourself manage what is valuable to you - on the local disk, and copies on a flash drive, and also on CDRW.  archives
 6, that's cool!
 7, I enter the card details and codes, at the moment of entering the payment card details, I deliberately manually turn off the Internet, usually only when the Internet is turned off, i.e.  I entered the data from "pass manager" into the payment form in the current site form in the browser window, - and immediately turned on the Internet connection again, I recommend!!  
 8. And it’s very cool that Firefox allows you to have additional application extensions, like notes (which can be saved when you exit the browser) and have them at hand again when to run browser again. This is usefull for making notes about the delivery time of a purchase, address, car, bonus details to purchase..
 9. After payment I wait for the purchase.
 / *  I really love firefox / mozila, since 2000

tilwiti
Making moves

Personally, I strive to leave the store page as soon as possible. Before buying, I research many sources to find the best option. This creates a lot of tabs. I wish I could browse through them all at the same time like PiP but for pages or many pages in one window.

ChasUK2
Making moves

When shopping online I sometimes want to have even up to 40 tabs for different sites. I want to be able to always open a new tap immediately to the right of my current tab. Firefox used to do this now even with all the suggested tweaks in place it often opens the new tab somewhere down the line. Maybe at end, maybe after something opened previously.

On a site such as ebay with 40 tabs open adding a new one from the search sometimes it doesn't put that tab in at all or it can be nearly anywhere to the right. Makes it very difficult to use Firefox of this type of product comparison shopping.