Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your feedback on the AI services experiment in Nightly

asafko
Employee
Employee

Hi folks, 

In the next few days, we will start the Nightly experiment which provides easy access to AI services from the sidebar. This functionality is entirely optional, and it’s there to see if it’s a helpful addition to Firefox. It is not built into any core functionality and needs to be turned on by you to see it. 

If you want to try the experiment, activate it via Nightly Settings > Firefox Labs (please see full instructions here). 

We’d love to hear your feedback once you try out the feature, and we’re open to all your ideas and thoughts, whether it’s small tweaks to the current experience or big, creative suggestions that could boost your productivity and make accessing your favorite tools and services in Firefox even easier.

Thanks so much for helping us improve Firefox!

3,409 REPLIES 3,409

SCCDev
Making moves

Very good, but I missed having a keyboard shortcut to trigger the panel.

HA
Making moves

Hi, great feature, thanks! One question: Can you allow the user to create his own "easy access" phrases, backed by a prompt the user can write? For example, currently there is "Summarize", "simplify" and "quiz me" (my german translations). How about users can enter a brief title for a task and back it by a prompt which they write in a text-field in Firefox.

aac
Making moves

I find this feature valuable for me. I tried it with good results, but I had to deactivate it. The reason for that is that it had many false clicks. I can have something highlighted, then click by accident or just because, and it would open the AI chat. I think that if the trigger is away from this default behavior of mine, it would be more valuable for me.

DISAGREE!!! It prompts all of Mozilla to be just like MegaSoft, CrApple, Scroogle, sCamsKunk, Sony, LG, Intel, Qualcomm, and Oracle Java. They do not care for users, whatsoever. Stupid bigwig corporations.

SabreWulf1986
Making moves

Funny, every comment supporting this crap sound like easily manipulated people, bots or people who work at NVIDIA.

carlaprice
Making moves

One thing - will the sidebar integration be customizable? I like a clean interface.

Kaszebe
Making moves

Hi, how do we connect Oobabooga to this feature? I think it's great because I don't have to switch tabs.

Sagitarius
Making moves

i would like to use perplexity AI as search engine. maybe for the next release... regards

Ahalii
Making moves

I have both ethical and environmental objections to AI. I will not be using any features you produce using it, so please save your time and money for something worthwhile.

jynxyz
Making moves

hell no i hate google for a reason