Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your feedback on the AI services experiment in Nightly

asafko
Employee
Employee

Hi folks, 

In the next few days, we will start the Nightly experiment which provides easy access to AI services from the sidebar. This functionality is entirely optional, and it’s there to see if it’s a helpful addition to Firefox. It is not built into any core functionality and needs to be turned on by you to see it. 

If you want to try the experiment, activate it via Nightly Settings > Firefox Labs (please see full instructions here). 

We’d love to hear your feedback once you try out the feature, and we’re open to all your ideas and thoughts, whether it’s small tweaks to the current experience or big, creative suggestions that could boost your productivity and make accessing your favorite tools and services in Firefox even easier.

Thanks so much for helping us improve Firefox!

3,165 REPLIES 3,165

minego
Making moves

Mozilla has lost the plot. No one is hoping for Firefox to be a clone of all the other terrible browsers. Please stop copying the mistakes of others in a desperate attempt to fit in.

soupyloopy
Making moves

Please don't put AI in or around Firefox. It would completely undermine the reasons I use this browser in the first place. Can we please have one haven from that mess??

cfendley
Making moves

This seems like an unnecessary addition to Firefox and Mozilla. AI services largely seem to exist as bloat which other services are just as capable of doing more simply and with less margin for error

anfadhfaol
Making moves

There has literally never been a time in the decade + I have been using firefox when ai has been helpful or wanted. It is inefficient, expensive, wasteful of water and power, incorrect, and contributing to the en**bleep**tification of the internet. There are other tools that would be much better investments.

HK73
Making moves

AI is terrible, and if you continue to push it, I'll uninstall your browser from every electronic device I own.

VaranianScribe
Making moves

Get your AI abomination away from me!

gfaster
Making moves

Completely unnecessary and unwanted

Katuary
Making moves

Please don’t. I actively avoid tech that uses Gen AI, since it actively plagiarizes artists to produce inferior “art” and only knows how to give answers people want to hear rather than anything accurate (ex: identifying poisonous mushrooms as edible). It’s dangerous, stealing, and obnoxious. Please don’t.

terriest
Making moves

I'm confused as to the purpose of this.  It doesn't appear to run locally, while being only fractionally better than my local models.  It makes firefox heavier, which removes the main reason I prefer it to Chrome or Edge (I'm mostly running FF on 4GB boxes).  So it doesn't add value, and chips away at your existing market niche.

This really seems like jumping off a bridge because everyone else is doing it.  I'd prefer you focus on being a browser.  For me, this and the advertisement thing in version 128 have really soured me to your brand.  I do find I'm drifting back to Edge as you're losing your market differentiation.

Stuff it, I'm going full indie and trying Lynx and will optimize my page for it.

Wow that was a menace to install and does not like window scaling.  Does display my most used pages surprisingly well though.

I should add, I'm the one spreading FF within my organization, and I'm nominally an 'AI' researcher.  I think your decision to implement LLMs is a bad one, instead you should be focusing on differentiation in UX and maintaining a light core.

Tonyphobic
Making moves

NO

cole
Making moves

No. Just no. I went to Firefox to get away from Google and their AI everything.

AngryRaptor13
Making moves

Please do NOT put AI in Firefox! I changed to Firefox to get *away* from AI garbage, as Firefox's ability to block it from stealing my data & stuffing nonsense into my Internet searches is far superior. I completely lose trust in any system with AI integrated into it, as that gives that system incentive to steal my personal data to feed the AI.

Captain_Crow
Making moves

No thank you. I do not want AI features. The lack of AI was part of the reason I finally switched to Firefox. If I want AI, I can go somewhere else that has it. I DO NOT WANT AI HERE.

Alys
Making moves

Please do Not add AI, I've started using Firefox to escape them cause they honestly don't improve anything (the opposite really).

LegalGraffiti
Making moves

Do this and I’ll switch back to chrome.

soup123
Making moves

Please no, I use firefox because you don't use AI. I would very much like it, if you do to have a way to opt out of it. Thank you for your time

DR98
Making moves

I usually consider Firefox to be the last major web browser that actually puts usability and privacy first, and while I can see how one might think that adding AI features might forward it as a platform, it would make me inclined to seek out a different browser that does not feature AI. The current state of AI seems to hinder the user more than help, often acting more as a crutch, deleterious to a user's ability to actively think and research, not to mention the often morally dubious ways training data is gathered and the massive amounts of energy and resources used to generate AI material.

I will not be swayed on this. Please reconsider.

GrannyGoodTea
Making moves

I really hope this doesn't get added to Firefox, that would be a real disappointment. It's been clear from the jump that AI in this capacity is not just worthless, but actively pollutes the internet with worthless and often false information. That combined with the severe costs of running it both electrically and in terms of natural resources is egregious. I specifically avoid using search engines with AI inputs, it literally just worsens my experience. I would really hope y'all would do better than fall in line with this very obviously destructive tech that's quite literally worthless functionality wise.

LM_13
Making moves

No. I have no idea how or where this AI was built, you give me no information on how it collects data to learn. Nope please. Let me do things my way, let me put in the work, let me research from trusted journals, not something that spits out garbage.

Anonymous
Not applicable

1000% no. I do not need to test the feature to know that I emphatically do not want it. Further, I will not test the feature, and will discontinue using Firefox wherever possible if it is implemented on a widescale

ocsenave
Making moves

Please don't make this into a mainstream firefox tool.  There are people who are excited about computer-generated assistance, and they should be able to turn on AI tools if they want, but in my opinion, the default experience should remain free of synthetic conversational sludge.

Please count me as a firm vote against this kind of development.  There are better ways to spend developer hours.

leaving_a_compl
Making moves

No AI please--it's super detrimental to the environment and is just not all that useful. I don't trust it to do anything well bc generative AI doesn't know how to think or anything; it's just good at predicting words to put in a certain order that sound convincing. It's a bad investment, and a lot of people will be put off by it because of ethnics concerns (the environment, plus stealing from writers and artists). I like Firefox because it feels different from "mainstream" tech. Seeing companies I like hop on the AI bandwagon leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

meryah
Making moves

I have been going out of my way to avoid as many AI web services as I can. Please do not make me try find another web browser. I have no interest in any AI services and never will.

Selemei
Making moves

No, absolutely not. It's an ethical nightmare and the results are bull**bleep** and it's a complete waste of money for Mozilla and it destroys the environment, all in one expensive package! KEEP AI OUT.

70000Lemons
Making moves

Man what the heck. I thought firefox was the browser to get away from this garbage.

Rin
Making moves

No. Created an account just to respond to this thread.

ButtercupBoopy
Making moves

Absolutely not please and no thank you! Someone teach me how to lock my version into the older one permanently. 

mimarillo
Making moves

For the love of all that is holy, NO. I do not need AI nonsense anywhere on my browser. And don't even think about the unethical monstrosity that is gen AI.

Glowingstrbtght
Making moves

I am uninterested in any kind on AI being a part of Firefox. I consider AI to be unethical both in how it builds its data sets and in its environmental impact. The inclusion of AI in the Firefox browser makes me more likely to switch to another option.

glooom-bloom
Making moves

I use Firefox specifically to avoid AI. If you add this, you will have betrayed me and I will never trust Mozilla again.

CaitG
Making moves

For the love, PLEASE don't. AI ruins everything.

araneiform
Making moves

absolutely not. this browser is meant to be separate from all the corporate sludge by providing good service while keeping our privacy, why would you throw that all away for AI that destroys the environment and actively oppresses workers in the global south

bkliepma
Making moves

ABSOLUTELY NOT.

fakekiwi
Making moves

Hi! I don't want this!

AlTheMinotaur
Making moves

No

Eternitydeath
Making moves

Love firefox! Don't do this!

ovvlish
Making moves

I don't really understand what the point of adding an AI bar to a browser is. I'm using the internet - what is AI going to do? Browse the internet for me? I may as well log off forever. Please don't trend follow, I already switched to you across devices to get away from the incessant AI stuff, it would be a real bummer if it were to ever become a default fixture here too. I know right now it's opt-in, but that's always how it starts.

inkbloy
Making moves

Mozilla, you gave us a safe haven in this crappy digital storm. Why would you rip that away from us? You invite the rain and the flood in through the front door and tell it to have a seat next to the fireplace.

We love our house but if this shelter is no longer safe for us, we will abandon it to seek other lodging.