cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security

Reid
Making moves

We appreciate the added security and protection Mozilla appears to give.  We say appears as we have no way of measuring the effectiveness.  What we do know is that this protection prevents us with interacting with both our Canadian Bank and All Canadian Government Agencies.  We simply have to use Google Chrome or we can not connect with them.  Our ISP, Telus, our bank TD and our gov. will not help us with any connection problems.  They only support Microsoft or Google products.  Is there any solution to our problems? 

3 REPLIES 3

jscher2000
Leader

One possible reason for this is the "Total Cookie Protection" feature. That limits how sites can use "third party" or "cross-site" cookies, meaning cookies from different websites than the one you see in the address bar. Some sites pass you back and forth between different servers during login because they have their services spread out over a number of different servers. In those cases, you might be able to submit a form successfully on one page and then the next page says you are not logged in. Frustrating!

You can make exceptions to this feature when needed (for each server that you visit as part of the process of using this company's services). More info in the following articles:

For more detailed assistance, I suggest posting this problem on the Mozilla Support site. They have a team of support volunteers to troubleshoot malfunctions with your currently installed version of Firefox, while this site is focused on idea submissions for future versions of Firefox (looking ahead anywhere from 8 weeks to many months). Here's a link to the new question form (for Windows/Mac/Linux): https://mzl.la/3y1vQUQ

Hi there

I have similar problems with Canada. ca , Canada revenu, Québec revenu and Tangerine.

Both Canada site and Québec revenu when i use Firefox there are missing box that i have to check before submithing any documents( exemple : when i had to renew my inscription to TED on Canada.ca Firefox give me 2 box to check but there needs to be 3. Found that out when i called gouv. has i had not recieved any confirmation 1 1/2 mounth later. Had to do it on F*** edge or F** spy chrome) has for Tangerine some time it work some dont when it happen i can not go fruther then put my ID ( keep returning to put my ID) and not my PW and you can forget the confirmation texted pin code

@G17735Accoutant wrote:

I have similar problems with Canada. ca , Canada revenu, Québec revenu and Tangerine.

Any improvement if you try the steps I mentioned to turn off tracking protection on those sites? Seems like they are reputable sites where you can forego that protection and see whether it is causing the problem.