cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Previous Session

br549
Making moves

When starting Firefox it attempts to restore previous tabs.  The option is turned off, but I can't find a way to stop this behavior.  To preserve security I have to enter about:blank in one tab and close the other tabs.  This is forcing me to look for another browser.

1 REPLY 1

jscher2000
Leader

Firefox might be crashing during shutdown. In that case, it will attempt an automatic restore. You can set Firefox NOT to automatically restore after a crash and instead give you a screen offering a choice. This would help identify whether that is what is happening with your Firefox:

(A) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.

More info on about:config: Configuration Editor for Firefox. Please keep in mind that changes made through this back door aren't fully supported and aren't guaranteed to continue working in the future.

(B) In the search box in the page, type or paste browser.sessionstore.max_resumed_crashes and pause while the list is filtered

(C) Double-click the preference to display an editing field, and change the value to 0 then press Enter or click the blue check mark button to save the change.