cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reducing the message list header panel in Thunderbird

ljm
Making moves

With Thunderbird 115.3.2 , I'm using the classic view layout, and I've noticed that the message list header part of the window cannot be reduced to show less than 8 messages. So that's less window height for the message. It used to be 4 messages up to last week, before the upgrade.

It used to be 4.

5 REPLIES 5

Agentvirtuel
Contributor

Ruisseau
Making moves

Completely agree, we should also reduce the top banner - messages and address - because there is only 2/3 of the screen left to display the messages!!!!!

LiveInHope
Making moves

Hi     If you've got two thirds of the screen left to view your emails you're lucky!  I've got barely a third left, so emails especially with images are just hopeless. This has been raise by a number of people, but yesterday there was yet another update (5th since SuperNova?)  but still not fixed - sorry, reverted to how it was. 

Toad-Hall
Making moves

There is a bug report on this topic and I've no idea why the developers are dragging their heels on this problem. I know the fix would take a couple of minutes to sort out... but if you want a fix then you need to follow the instructions at this link:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1423733

Yes, it means using 'userChrome.css', but it's not like anyone has to know how to code.

The truth is this, if you have the following skillset then it's very simple.

Required skillset:

1. Ability to follow instructions
  2. Know how to create a new folder with a specifiied name
  3. Know how to copy and paste provided text
  4. Know how to save a file with a specified name

wsmwk
Thunderbird Team
Thunderbird Team

Please see the status update at https://connect.mozilla.org/t5/discussions/thunderbird-layout/m-p/43490.  A fix is in beta, and that topic will be updated when the change has been delivered. You can click the kudos/vote there if this is something that interests you.

Wayne, Community Manager, Thunderbird