cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem about downloads menu

dendisanjaya
Making moves

I want to be honest and give advice to the mozilla firefox developers about the downloads menu.
Every time I download a file or image, the downloads menu always appears automatically, it really annoys me and I've checked in the settings, there is no menu to disable this feature. The downloads menu that always appears covers part of the web page, especially if you have accumulated a lot of downloads, the downloads menu becomes very large. I ask the development to provide an option in the settings section to disable this feature. I've checked in other browsers such as Microsoft Edge, the settings are already there.

1 REPLY 1

jscher2000
Leader

Hopefully the Downloads list opening will be made optional in a more accessible way. For now, you need to use a hidden setting to turn it off:

(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.

More info on about:config: Configuration Editor for Firefox. Please keep in mind that changes made through this back door aren't fully supported and aren't guaranteed to continue working in the future.

(2) In the search box in the page, type or paste browser.download.alwaysOpenPanel and pause while the list is filtered

(3) Double-click the preference to switch the value from true to false