cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mime types in Firefox 98

Aschi52
Making moves

where are the mime types like "csv", "xlsx", "docx" and all the others in the older Versions of Firefox. I need all three mentioned for my work. in Firefox 98.0 1 and 98.0 2 I can't find them

4 REPLIES 4

Strelec
Making moves

I support it! Where to put this functionality? I'm on the verge of deleting your app because of this! 😡

jscher2000
Leader

To add new applications to the list, try this method:

On the Downloads list, right-click the file. Look for "Always Open Similar Files" on the menu. When you click that entry, Firefox adds a new content type entry with a "Use [relevant application]" action. You can change that action to "Always ask" if you prefer.

If the menu does not have that item, unfortunately, that usually means the server provided a generic binary file content type. That is trickier to work around, although I have an add-on that can help if anyone is interested. (*Edit* More info here: https://www.jeffersonscher.com/ext/content-type-fixer.html)

This is not exactly what is needed. Previously, the file got somewhere in a temporary folder and was opened by the program.
Now the file is necessarily downloaded, for example, in Downloads and immediately opened by the program. As a result, the PC is cluttered with unnecessary files... 😔

@Strelec wrote:

This is not exactly what is needed. Previously, the file got somewhere in a temporary folder and was opened by the program.
Now the file is necessarily downloaded, for example, in Downloads and immediately opened by the program. As a result, the PC is cluttered with unnecessary files... 😔

I was replying to the original poster's issue. There are other Discussions and Ideas about which downloads to save where.