cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Windows 11 Taskbar ungrouping, label does not work

Adrenaliner
Making moves

If I have pinned Firefox to the taskbar in Windows 11 and start it, the label does not appear. Only if I unpin it and start it from the startmenu or start the windows explorer with the pinned icon left from Firefox.

6 REPLIES 6

Left009
Making moves

Same issue here!

Gabee8
Making moves

Yes I am the problem in the Windows 11 23H2 update.

kid_lazer
Making moves

My experience is the same: (pasted from another forum)

On Windows 11, I have my taskbar set to never combine or hide labels. All is fine except for Firefox. If I open it by itself (or it was the last program opened), it will not expand. Then if I open a program after Firefox (any program, doesn't matter) it will immediately expand both said program and Firefox itself.  It's such a minor thing, but at the same time it's incredibly annoying. I was going to submit a Mozilla bug report for this issue, but wanted to make sure it wasn't just me (or Windows). I find it hard to believe it that either would be the case as it does it on every single PC with Firefox. AND Firefox is the only program that I have observed exhibiting this behavior.

MixCollage-08-Jan-2024-01-37-PM-2855.jpg

Thanks for sharing that.

For anyone that may end up on this page, the current work-around is to head to about:config and set browser.startup.blankWindow to False. I can confirm this worked for me.

If you follow the duplicate bug to https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1862415, looks like they labeled it as WONTFIX. Taking the lazy way out I see...