cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mozilla unusable after upgrading to 131.0.2

Ilario
Making moves

I have upgraded Mozilla to 131.0.2 in Windows 10 64bit and now it's completely unusable.

It takes a lot of time to load pages and some time it finishes without loading the page completely and for some websites no results at all using almost all resources of the PC.

An example is with ChatGPT website or with all website uses a load of content using javascript like https://my.babbel.com.

I also noted that the browser console and the developers tools are blank when opened.

The loading is so long that I switched to other browsers because I cannot wait 30 minutes to have finally a blank page.

8 REPLIES 8

Foxydude
Making moves

The 131.0.2 update has killed the Fox.  It won't open.  

I have same issue. For me it says that the error is that the platform version 131.0.2 is not compatible with minVersion >= 131.0, maxVersion <=131.0. And when you close that pop up the whole browser closes. So there is no using it. 

Ilario
Making moves

I understand because are exactly websites with animation to have problems.

davarn64
Making moves

131.0.2 crashes randomly many times a day. Windows 10 pro.

After many years I reluctantly need to use another browser. Can't work with FF any more

bfrg1513
Making moves

After 131.0.2, Washington Post articles go blank after a few seconds, I reload, and they go blank again after a few more seconds. www.washingtonpost.com  Other websites seem to be okay for me.  WaPo was okay before upgrading.

arnold1
Making moves

I have the same problems with Firefox 131.0.2 and Windows 11.  Amazon and Youtube websites load very slowly or not at all.  Playing any youtube video causes the browser to crash.  I have had to switch to librewolf portable browser (a fork of Mozilla Firefox) which seems to work much better.

Ilario
Making moves

How I resolved the problem?

Updated to the last version and tried to unistall and reinstall. Mozilla proposed me to to fix the problems and it worked (it asks also to import the old configuration).