cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Bookmarks easier/more intuitive

Shplad
Making moves

Hi:

I love Firefox and I'm grateful it sets many of the standards. One of the few things I can't stand is the way the Bookmarks menu works. Almost everyone I know complains about this.

Please, find a way to make the Bookmarks menu more intuitve/easier and quicker to use.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing this feedback. Please feel free to add more details/ideas on how the bookmarks menu can be more intuitive and user-friendly. This will help our product team better understand the feedback when reviewing it. 

Shplad
Making moves

First why is it that whenever you click Manage Bookmarks, the highlighted folder is "Other Bookmarks" What the heck? How about starting at the equivalent of root, like almost every other program does.

Next, if I want my bookmarks sorted, why can't I just have a (semi-)permanent setting so that, for example, they're all sorted by name. Why do I have to click on each folder and sort it individually? Way too much work if you have a lot of bookmarks.

That whole dialog box is just really counterintuitive. I've just struck the surface of what needs to be done.

@Shplad wrote:

Next, if I want my bookmarks sorted, why can't I just have a (semi-)permanent setting so that, for example, they're all sorted by name. Why do I have to click on each folder and sort it individually? Way too much work if you have a lot of bookmarks.

One sign this might be popular is that there are two add-ons for it:

Hello everybody!

Big thank you for Mozilla. May you grow deeper, better and truer.

I have a very simple observation= it would be very awesome to have a search bar in 'Add Bookmark' when one is about to add a bookmark. Because bookmark buffs exist 🙂 i.e. one might have a lot of folders and subfolders.

The Mozilla/Firefox bookmark experience should be celebrated in the future as opposed to it being a somewhat "potential" "de"-contributor to an individual's ability to develop/fortify 'memory'.

Thank you again infinitely!

1)The bookmark window should snag the URL of the current tab
2) The Bookmark "Name" box should have a soft "New Bookmark" that you don't have to erase, but disappears when you type or past into it.
3) It should be possible to Copy from the actual page, items like the Title on the page to be able to paste it into the name box
4) The nouns in the name box should be suggested keywords

Shplad
Making moves

How about also coding things so that when you import bookmarks, each folder and its is cleanly merged with any bookmarks folder of the same name already in Firefox? Instead, it creates a new set of folders. I realize not everyone might want this, so you could prompt the user to see what she wants.

If I can think of more, I'll make further posts.

Shplad
Making moves

Were any of these suggests implemented? I'm running the latest version, and I don't see any of the changes.