cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is all of privacy.resistFingerprinting incorporated into Enhanced Tracking Protection - Strict?

HammondJones
Making moves

Is all of privacy.resistFingerprinting incorporated into Enhanced Tracking Protection at the "Strict" level?

When using the former the window and font sizes are not remembered.  I am wondering if that has been worked out and the level of protection with privacy.resistFingerprinting is had with Enhanced Tracking Protection ( Strict ).

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

jscher2000
Leader

No, they are completely unrelated. Tracking Protection blocks scripts from known tracking/fingerprinting servers. The privacy.resistFingerprinting feature changes how Firefox responds to a range of inquiries from sites.

In my opinion, privacy.resistFingerprinting isn't a very effective feature because it's optional and hard to find. In order for the feature to successfully make a user blend in with a crowd, there needs to be a crowd.

HammondJones
Making moves

Thanks for the answer!

I've been experimenting with privacy.resistFingerprinting.   It is very EFFECTIVE.
It has some unwanted side effects.  I would report them as bugs, but it is kind of hard to tell if they are already in the bugzilla database.  The side effects are obvious to anyone using the option for a day, so I assume they are known issues.

Some of those side effects may be intentional. Some of them may already have preferences to enable/disable them individually.