cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Autofill Data - Tell us what you think!

Justine
Employee
Employee

Hey everyone! 👋🏾

I’m Justine, a Product Manager here at Mozilla, and I’m looking to get your thoughts and feelings about importing autofill data from other browsers. We'd love to understand what you're expecting and your level of comfort with these data points, including importing credit card information and addresses. While we are excited to upgrade the import process, we also want to make sure that we get your feedback first.

The survey has been closed, but please feel free to leave any thoughts about what you'd like to see out of an autofill function, what information should be included (Logins, addresses, credit cards, etc.), and any additional feedback.

Thank you!

12 REPLIES 12

kremlinbot
Making moves

What about form filling data? It is supported by many browsers but not Firefox, and there's not much sense in it without form autofill support. Does it mean the form autofilling will be supported as well?

Hi @kremlinbot!

Yes, form autofill will be supported. That's actually what we are attempting to get feedback on. We want to know what information should be included within autofill, which includes form-filling data.

If you have any additional feedback in regard to it, feel free to comment here!

PedroSaldanha
Making moves

We should have the option to choose what to import. With an option called "all" to "copy" as many things as possible.

Justine
Employee
Employee

Great suggestion 😊 Thank you for the feedback!

Jeff1
Making moves

I find it impossible to add a new name to an existing list in my address book.  It used to be so very easy before it was upgraded, ie at least until December 2021, even when signed in

Thank you for sharing! I'll make sure to get your feedback to the right people.

Erwan62
Making moves

Pour ma part, toute forme de remplissage et d'enregistrement automatique est systématique refusé.

For my part, any form of automatic filling and registration is systematically refused.

2MuchC0ff33
Making moves

Users of Mozilla Firefox may appreciate the ability to import logins and passwords, as well as addresses and credit card information, from other browsers. It is critical to provide specific information about how this data will be protected and used. When it comes to importing autofill data, transparency and ease of use are critical.

Thank you for the feedback!

Cobra
Making moves

I'm happy about the idea. I keep finding myself switching browsers, I really want to use Firefox on everything but with it being the only browser I use that can't block ads on iOS I keep changing to other browsers. The easier it is to switch between browsers and import/export everything between them the better. As long as it's all secure, I'm good.

Wait what? Firefox can't block ads on iOS? Not even if you add uBlock addon?

veer
Making moves

I have saved many ids and their passwords. Lets suppose i have saved a to z ids and their passwords. When i am entering a in id field then why are you giving me option to fill password from all the ids. do you think i will use other than a's password in password field. will it work that way if i select a in id field and password of b in password field. are you guys crazy?