cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iCloud Notes checklist buttons suddenly changed to black squares . .

FP
Making moves

This morning when I opened iCloud Notes (on icloud.com) all my checklist marks (round icons where you click to show a tick for completed items) had changed to black squares which do not *appear* to respond to a mouse click. However, clicking on the black box *does* set or unset the check-mark - I can see it change on my iPhone and in Chrome.

This is in Firefox latest build 131.0 (64-bit) on Windows 10. It is not happening in Chrome, Edge or on iOS where the checklist still behaves as it should. The issue is the same on laptop and a desktop with two different monitors with different resolutions. 

I've tried disabling Tracking Protection, and restarting FFox in troubleshooting mode with all add-ins, etc. disabled - no luck, same problem.

Is this a known issue - maybe caused by an update? I can't find specific ref to it anywhere and would be interested to know if it's affecting anyone else. I use iCloud Notes all the time to sync lists across three devices so this loss of functionality is fairly significant for me.

I really like FFox but it seems more and more sites just don't work properly, requiring me to switch to Chrome for full function - these include bupa.co.uk, nespresso.com and various other e-commerce sites.

8 REPLIES 8

ISmellAWumpus
Making moves

Same. Same trial and error. It'd be nice to get this resolved. Doesn't happen in edge.

Win10 Pro (64bit, 22H2, 19045.4957), Firefox 131.0 (64bit). iCloud.com shows a version of "October 2024". So maybe it's a combo change of ffox and icloud?

joadah03
Making moves

Same for me! It happend yesterday and i´ve tried both win10 and win11 but always black boxes.

jodp
Making moves

Same here. After a firefox update : black boxes.
Very frustrating, I use firefox+icloud Notes several times a day.
I need to add the word 'check' now when a tasks is done 🙄

ISmellAWumpus
Making moves

There was an ffox update to 131.0.2 this morning. I had my hopes up. Nope. Still black boxes. Rats.

OakFox
Making moves

The same problem is happening to me.

ISmellAWumpus
Making moves

DB-in-DBar
Making moves

Ditto. In my situation, clicking the black box in Firefox displays a checkmark in Chrome, but not in the iOS Notes app.

ISmellAWumpus
Making moves

Updated ffox to 131.0.3 this morning. Checklists are still black squares. Bummer.