cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox Security Settings prevent those of us who know what we are doing from using it as a Browser

methuselah965
Making moves

I have been using Firefox almost exclusively now for nearly twenty years. I have been using PCs now since 1986, have setup numerous systems, and understand the need for good security etc.

I also do a large amount of research, and at any time can have several windows open with close to one hundred active tabs.

I am sometimes amazed that Firefox works at all with the amount of information I have running live, and it is to your credit that it can handle this level of data.

I currently run Linux, Mac O/S and Windows 10 on probably close to twenty devices, more if I include my CCTV cameras and DVRs.

My problem is that I now cannot manage some of my devices because you require "https" access and a few of my cameras will not update to the necessary security protocol.

I understand the risk, which is minimal on devices on my own internal network, and would like to be able to override the standard Security settings and accept the resultant risk as being mine alone.

This seems to be sensible to me, however apparently not to Mozilla, and I am at a loss to understand why this is the case.

My current likely solution will be to resurrect an old XP Computer and manage the settings using that machine, however that may well prove to be as convoluted as the present situation, and certainly negates any point in updating our equipment to enjoy the significant security improvements made necessary with recent events.

I would really appreciate a response, thus far I have not been able to find a workaround within Firefox, but I do not claim to be an expert in this area, and many of those in the Firefox Community will have much better understanding of these issues than I possess.

Many thanks,

SeanW.

Drouin, Australia

0 REPLIES 0