cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox 117.01 64-bit memory leak

a_user
Making moves

Seeing a massive memory leak in latest version of Firefox for Windows that wasn't there before.  Having to forcefully terminate it up to a couple times a day.  A number of the individual processes are going past 8gb.  Not sure what's triggering it, so I don't have any additional information to provide.  Indications that something is wrong is Firefox starts to become slower over time in responding to http requests drastically slowing the page loads.  Otherwise it appears responsive.  Total memory usage has been past 60gb.

2 REPLIES 2

injured_cowboy
Making moves

I was just wondering if FF is working any better for you now?  I noticed a problem with version 117 also, but it was still workable.  Ever since it updated to version 118, playing any videos is almost impossible.  Firefox doesn't seem to respond to anyone's complaints on here.  This is my system information:

Device name DESKTOP-VG74GS7
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.88 GB usable)
Device ID 86C55E0A-BFD2-49B9-8DE1-6E6B9C3D851A
Product ID 00330-75052-98743-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

JeffVolp
Making moves

I have the same problem. After a computer restart FF opens with several process, one grabbing 4.9GB of memory. With 8GB total memory, that locks up the computer.  The only way to recover is to use Task Manager to kill FF and start it up again.  It seems to work fine on the second startup, consuming less than 3GB total with 7 windows open.