cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drag to set a Bookmark Issue after update to Firefox 111.0

AllenF
Making moves

Issue: After update to Firefox 111.0 through "About Firefox " check.

Drag a web link URL from Adress Bar to Bookmark library, the bookmark's name will be the web's URL, instead of its title, this works fine until Firefox 110.

Also the Bookmark Star button works well all the time.

Thanks for your help very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jscher2000
Leader

There is a fix for this in the beta version (future Firefox 113, due out in 3 weeks).

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

777cosmosophy
Making moves

I'm having the same problem. All bookmarks created by dragging to the Bookmarks Toolbar have their title set to their respective URL!

Evaldas
Making moves

Been having this problem for a while now as well.

In addition to the bookmark star button dragging the tab itself into the bookmark toolbar also works as a workaround.

dhqi4ecbr5h
Making moves

When I drag a url to the bookmarks, the title of the website was used for the name of the bookmark.

Since the last FF update, there is the url of the website as name!

Now I have to manually copy the title of the website into the bookmark, for every url I want to save in the bookmarks !!!

Please undo this, this is totally unusable!!!

I'm experiencing the same problem. See the other thread as well: https://connect.mozilla.org/t5/discussions/drag-to-set-a-bookmark-issue-after-update-to-firefox-111-...

As of April 13, 2023, seven users have reported this problem so far:

-me
-dhqi4ecbr5h
-AllenF
-Evaldas
-JonD (in this other thread)
-Mugen (also in the other thread)
-rob108 (also in the other thread)

Four of which signed up just to post/ask/report about the problem.

Please fix this thanks!

AllenF
Making moves

This issue hasn't been resolved after Firefox 112.0.

jscher2000
Leader

I drag the lock icon (not the URL text) and I haven't noticed this problem on Windows 10. Is it a Mac or Linux issue?

Yes, drag the lock icon to the bookmark bar works well,

The issue is related with URL field, When you drag the lock icon to the bookmark bar, the bookmark’s title will be its full URL instead of its actual title.

This works well in Firefox 110.0 or before, or other Browsers, like Edge, Chrome.

Yes, dragging the lock icon with my mouse will add the bookmark with its correct title.

Then again, the URL field is much larger and provides more draggable area than the "lock" icon. The URL field area is 10-20x times (probably even more) as large as the lock icon.
Which makes for faster bookmarking.
Because it is easier to point & click into anywhere in the URL field than to point & click exactly on the "lock" icon.

Please Firefox devs, undo this recent change. Make bookmarking by mouse easy again, like it was.

Edit: as of April 13, 2023, seven users have reported this problem so far:

-myself
-dhqi4ecbr5h
-AllenF
-Evaldas
-JonD (in this other thread)
-Mugen (also in the other thread)
-rob108 (also in the other thread)

At least four of which created an account here on connect.mozilla.org just to post/ask/report about the problem.

PhilHHH
Making moves

Same here, this is driving me crazy 😕

(already happy to know that dragging the lock icon works fine, didn't know before reading here)

jscher2000
Leader

There is a fix for this in the beta version (future Firefox 113, due out in 3 weeks).

Good to know, thanks for the information !

Awesome, thank you jscher2000 😁, I'm so looking forward to this!

Thanks for the information, the latest version of Firefox (113.0) has been released which does fix the issue.