cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusing and print hasn't worked correctly in years

ontheFritz
Making moves

Could this get any more confusing? I'm trying to report a bug with Firefox, and I Google Mozilla feedback, and am taken to a page where I'm asked to sign-in yet the email sign-in never sends a code. I sign in using my Mozilla account and am asked to create a user name. Somehow on another page I find my Mozilla support user name which is different than this new user name even though I signed in with the same account!

There's Mozilla crowdicity, Mozillazine . . .

The bug, issue, suggestion revolves around Firefox's printing capabilities, an issue I brought up years ago and supposedly someone fixed one particular aspect but the problem turns up randomly with so many recipes and invoices . . .

One example is from an invoice generated by bookipi.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jscher2000
Leader

Hi, I agree it is a bit confusing that there is a feedback site (here), a mostly retired but not actually retired discussion site, and a support site all at the same time. The mozillaZine and r/Firefox communities (Reddit) are also valuable, but unofficial, so those can't be consolidated.

In your screenshot, I notice the scaling is set to 100%. It's possible the invoice has a width that looks great on screen but is too wide for your paper size. Could you try "Fit to page width" (the setting just above manual scaling) and see whether that works better?

If the problem is that Firefox is using a weird paper size, there are some hidden settings you could clear, or maybe you can update the default in the system printer settings.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jscher2000
Leader

Hi, I agree it is a bit confusing that there is a feedback site (here), a mostly retired but not actually retired discussion site, and a support site all at the same time. The mozillaZine and r/Firefox communities (Reddit) are also valuable, but unofficial, so those can't be consolidated.

In your screenshot, I notice the scaling is set to 100%. It's possible the invoice has a width that looks great on screen but is too wide for your paper size. Could you try "Fit to page width" (the setting just above manual scaling) and see whether that works better?

If the problem is that Firefox is using a weird paper size, there are some hidden settings you could clear, or maybe you can update the default in the system printer settings.

That appears to work. Thank you! (And I believe you were the person on another one of these forums, I don't know which right now, who a couple of years ago helped with the recipe printing issue I referenced by sending it on to the appropriate channels!)

civilidstatus
Making moves
  1. Check Printer Connections: Ensure that your printer is properly connected to your computer, either via USB cable or network connection, and that it is powered on.

2. Restart Printer and Computer: Sometimes a simple restart can resolve many issues. Try turning off your printer, waiting a few moments, and then turning it back on. Do the same with your computer.

3. Update Printer Drivers: Outdated or corrupt printer drivers can cause printing problems. Visit the website of your printer manufacturer to download and install the latest drivers for your printer model.

4. Check Printer Queue: Sometimes print jobs get stuck in the print queue, preventing new jobs from printing. Open your printer's queue or spooler from your computer's settings and clear any pending print jobs.

5. Test Print from Different Applications: If you're having trouble printing from a specific program, try printing from a different application to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem lies with the application or the printer.

6. Check Printer Settings: Ensure that your printer settings, such as paper size, orientation, and quality settings, are configured correctly for the type of document you're trying to print.

7. Printer Troubleshooting Tools: Many operating systems have built-in printer troubleshooting tools that can help diagnose and fix common printing problems. Check your operating system's documentation for instructions on how to use these tools.

If you've tried these steps and are still experiencing issues, it may be helpful to provide more specific details about the problem you're encountering.