cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card Style For Email List Leaving Empty Wasted Space

Nerdgasm
Making moves

The newer card style for the email list in Thunderbird overall looks good, but the star favorite button being on its own line is creating a lot of wasted space. I have attached a screenshot of one of my cards as an example.

I use Thunderbird on a 1080p portrait monitor. It is showing me 24 full cards in the list at once, which is a fair amount. However when 1/3 of the space is just blank empty besides the favorite star then that's wasted space. If they moved the star up onto the 2nd line, removing the 3rd line then I could have 8 entire more cards in view at once. Alternatively if the email preview could just roll over onto the 3rd line with the star, that would also solve this because it wouldn't be wasted space and I could actually get a better preview of the email.

I have played around with density and font size, but nothing addresses the root of the issue. At this point I'd even settle for just removing the favorite star button altogether to get rid of the blank 3rd line. Anybody have any ideas for addressing this? Or can we get Mozilla to do one of the solutions I laid out in paragraph 2?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2 REPLIES 2

I missed this existing post when looking before I posted.