cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot add a personal address book contact to another group in thunderbird 102.0.1

mpthunder
Making moves

Hi. In Thunderbird 102.0.1, I cannot seem to be able to add an exisiting contact (which is currently in the Personal Address book) into a separate mailing group/list. 

The only "help" I can find tells me to select the contact, left click and hold, and drag/drop it onto the group name in the list list - but this does not work on my system for some reason - nothing happens

The only way I can see to add it into the group is to "create new" - which is silly as it already resides in the Personal Address book - why do I have to retype it to add it in the group list?

4 REPLIES 4

mpthunder
Making moves

Screeenshot attached

mpthunder
Making moves

Could it be because Thunderbird is acting as a client? (The actual account is on another platform.)

Would that be why I can't seem to do anything on the Thunderbird client - I should do it on the main account (but then I'd have to re-import all contacts into Thunderbird again if I did!)?

winlsmith
Making moves

I have the same problem with version 107.2.1. I am unable to add a new contact to an existing email group. Any suggestions to resolve would be appreciated

ghdreher
Making moves

102.8 ---  Same grief. -- It's like the programmer had no clue how lists were supposed to work or that name ought to be added to them.   A name <entity: person>  should be able to be added to MULTIPLE lists EASILY?    Programmers goof, but supervisors are supposed to QA things.