cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bookmarks lose track of where you left off in them in private browser window session

Spider-Man
Familiar face

after updating to the latest version today (1/5/22) 

bookmarks now lose track of where you left off in them if you search through them, leave them and then come back to them. this is the first time this has happened in years and it started after updating this morning. Just sharing this as probably the best feature of mozilla browsers is the ability to go through bookmarks and it not losing track of where you last left off in them.   if that feature were to go away, there would be little reason for me to continue using it.  could it be a temp glitch? I don't know. I only noticed this in a private session window so hopefully is resolved in next update 

edit forgot to add, this is the Nightly version browser so it's updated fairly regularly. occasionally with bugs like this

6 REPLIES 6

Spider-Man
Familiar face

3rd and final update for tonight with Nightly?  Bug remains.  Prior to today, Nightly was able to open a private browser session in addition to a regular session and remember where you last left off while browsing through your bookmarks.  now?  nope.  you have to re-scroll through all your bookmarks every single time regardless of which tab is open.  How bout some actual improvements instead of breaking good things that were working great as they were??!  That would be awesome!

jscher2000
Leader

Is the problem in the sidebar? Does it occur while the sidebar remains open or after it is closed and reopened?

You can file bugs here: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/. See: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/page.cgi?id=bug-writing.html.

No not the side bar. just in my collection of bookmarks on my toolbar I have used for years no problem. latest update?    now it's not even able to remember where I last left off scrolling through my bookmark folders in both a regular browser window/tab or private. it's now worse after updating today.  unbelievable. well if this isn't fixed it will be finally time to move on from this browser.  that has really been the only worthwhile feature to me that has kept me using it for so long.  now it's just the same as every other lame browser out there. 

@Spider-Man wrote:

No not the side bar. just in my collection of bookmarks on my toolbar I have used for years no problem.

Okay, just to be clear, do you mean the Bookmarks menu that drops from the classic top menu bar (File, Edit, View, History, Bookmarks, Tools, Help), or the folders on the Bookmarks Toolbar (horizontal bar below the main toolbar), or the optional Bookmarks Menu button that you can add to a toolbar using the Customize panel?

Either way, I couldn't tell you whether it was an intentional change. You could search on r/Firefox to see whether anyone else mentioned it, or file a bug.

it's the folders on the Bookmarks Toolbar (horizontal bar below the main toolbar)

so like if I'm scrolling through a bookmark folder full of bookmarks that is on the bookmark toolbar, it used to hold onto where I last left off scrolling through them. Now, every time a new tab opens, it's start scrolling all over again lol. I mean why?  it was great the way it was.  now it's exactly like all other browsers. oh well. sad that it seems like so many things in today's world seem to be degrading or getting worse. Windows 11 same thing. it's like every update they release breaks something else or  makes something worse.  Time to go back in time I guess 😆

Okay, I assume you will file a bug.