cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back to RAM hog bug that was finally gone in recent years

MEMORYLEAKAGAIN
Making moves

I have noticed since the update to 131.0, I go from 6GB of RAM, to over 24GB in 30 minutes. Nothing changed. If anything, I've gone through and closed a few hundred tabs and it still happens. I stopped using Firefox back around 2013 for Opera, after it eventually became too much with crashes. Now it's just chewing all available RAM and has once again returned to the RAM bug of old.

It is literally unusable for me now.
As I sit here now, I started it maybe 10 minutes ago, and it's already back at 15GB of RAM.
It's like it's loading all tabs into memory. It also coincides with the horrendous irremovable button on the menu/navigation bar to "show all tabs". Perhaps it's loading "all tabs" and thus the memory bug has become present again. I've tired removing that button, and can't. It greys out.

This update, is the worst oversight and addition to Firefox in forever. If it's not reverted or fixed in the next day, I'm never going to use or recommend Mozilla to anyone. How do you break something this badly!?

5 REPLIES 5

MEMORYLEAKAGAIN
Making moves

Here's an indication, in the time from posting that reply to now, it's gone up a gig and a half....

MEMORYLEAKAGAIN
Making moves

And here's a screenshot from me walking away the other day for some food and coming back

458625.PNG

MEMORYLEAKAGAIN
Making moves

It caused my PC to BSOD, something it never does, because the RAM killed it. I have tabs I monitor that can't be closed, and Firefox is literally just killing me right now.

MEMORYLEAKAGAIN
Making moves

I'm going back to Vivaldi full time. Thanks Firefox for providing an interim add-on. It's just not worth it anymore. Coming here to make the post:

ah33.PNG

After checking during making post, Vivaldi actually continues to go down and Firefox up.

asdgsadgasdg.PNG

ThePillenwerfer
Familiar face

You certainly aren't alone but I can't help but wonder if it's a problem with the Windows version.

I don't own a computer with more than 4GB RAM (1.5GB free as I type this) and on Linux I have no trouble at all.