cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

131.0 Crashing all the time

dvensel1
Making moves

Since updating to 131.0 I'm experiencing random shutdowns in FF.  There doesn't seem to be a common denominator.  Naturally, I shut down any addition apps running in back ground and it helped some but it still happens.  I use Ad Blocker of course, because if we didn't, it's worse than watching TV these days, with all the ads being shoved down our throats.  I wish I didn't need any of them, but, alas, we're stuck with them.  

Most of the time it's while I'm on Facebook and maybe watching a reel, but it happens when I'm just posting in FB too, without a video running.

I'm at a loss.  Being a long time computer user (Dos 3.2 and on up) I'm keenly aware of how most things work.  However, this has me baffled.  It didn't seem to do it until I upgraded to the current version 131.0 though.

Do you have any suggestions?  I'd prefer to keep my ad blockers on in order to prevent the constant nagging to buy stuff I don't need.  It's annoying and like getting a commercial in the middle of a telephone conversation.  To me, it's private and they're interrupting  my right from being inundated with junk offers of all sorts.

Thank you for assistance.

2 REPLIES 2

jbryan
Making moves

This is happening to me, too. The browser just randomly stops responding, I can't close or open new tabs, and videos stop. Or, if they do play, the video appears frozen while the audio track continues. Thr picture updates when I resize the window, but only for a single frame.

My specs are:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12-core
RAM: 64 GB (DDR 4)
GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1650
Primary storage: WDS100T3X0C-00SJG0 (SSD, 1 TB)

Oh, forgot to also mention my OS is Windows 11, version 23H2 (OS build 22631.4249)