cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FastBrowser2022
Making moves

Please can we have an AI assisted text summarizer for articles or Digital Documents we are viewing?

For example, if I'm viewing a in-depth article or technical webpage I'd like to right click and see a condensed summarised version of that page with the key aspects, issues, recommendations and opinions etc In simple language while limiting the technical language used.

This does not need to be as advanced as a fully integrated AI assistant, but it would be valuable to use those features. This would be the quickest path to bringing this useful feature to Firefox without having to do a major update to Firefox.

As a developer, I use multiple browsers for work and personal use including Firefox. I am finding recently that Firefox is falling behind in some useful features.

5 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager
FastBrowser2022
Making moves

Thank you @Jon , I imagine it could be similar to these.

In a summary view it could list summarized headers and then expand outwards to view the details of each sub heading while viewing a site.

This could be customized to the type of website. If it is a shopping website, it could summarize the key information about a product, pricing, and reviews. (Aspects a user would be interested while considering an item for purchase).

Similarly for a typical article, it would condense key aspects into the gist of what the writer is trying to say about a topic and the recommendations or take-aways that are relevant and useful for the reader.

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

@FastBrowser2022 (and others interested) we recently launched an experiment for providing easy access to optional AI services in Firefox Nightly. The AI function is entirely optional, but if you want to learn more, try it out and share feedback on the experience, here is the thread with more details:

Share your feedback on the AI services experiment in Nightly 

Firefox Nightly blog post

FastBrowser2022
Making moves