cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jean-Luc

I wonder why a feature available on gmail is not popular and broadly spread. Gmail calls it "snooze":

It is the feature that allows marking an email (either received or to-be-sent... and, why not, any other email!), to set a reminder that will automatically display the marked email at a moment I've set (say, 2 days after, or 2 hours, whatever : whenever I feel I need to follow up if I have got no answer from the correspondant, etc).

My current way to handle these numerous emails I need to follow up is... Post-Its all around my monitor 😞

Of coures, one could dream about a very sophisticaed system, like the one developed for the filters, but I would be VERY happy if I were able to merely set the time where the "sonnzed" email would pop up automatically (or a list...) : the moment I determined as adequate, at the time I wrot 'or received) it and set the snooze.

I guess it could be an add-on, if it proves too complicated to be a feature integrated into Thunderbird ?

Sorry for the Post-It business 😉

Thanks !

6 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

Marcos1

Make Thunderbird sync with Gmail snoozed emails.

Make Thunderbird sync with Gmail snoozed emails. If it´s possible, we can schedule the date to read email again and keep inbox clean.

Deedle
Strollin' around

I would love to see this idea implemented, since I flip back and forth between Thunderbird and Gmail a lot at work.   I wonder about leveraging Lightning (which has "snooze" for calendar entries).

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

(Note: similar ideas have been merged into this thread)

alxr
Strollin' around

I’d love this – it feels like a great way that Thunderbird can help make dealing with email easier. While theoretically I could add a reminder to my calendar to follow up on an email, it’s enough hassle that I seldom do.

From a comparative standpoint, many macOS mail clients (including the built-in Mail.app) and webmail Interfaxes (including GMail and Fastmail) have a similar feature, so having this in Thunderbird would help attract new users from those clients. 

miclgael1
Strollin' around

+1

This is an important feature for anyone that is trying to do Inbox Zero.

Some other clients that have snooze:

- Outlook

- Spark

- Canary

- Proton

Having a snooze function allows any user to tidy their inbox “for later” without setting up complicated rules, or following as-hoc guides, e.g.

https://www.reallinuxuser.com/how-to-achieve-inbox-zero-in-thunderbird-mail/