cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mutzu
Strollin' around

Noble Firefox developer knights!
Please use your sword of programming knowledge to slay this foul-mouthed dragon, this greatest evil of internet surfing.

8 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager
bogomil
Strollin' around

Are we sure that from a compliance (and GDPR) point of view this is acceptable? I do believe the consumer needs to be involved into this act since the rights are on their side, bot on the browser's.

tigo_cat

There is a plugin for it i use called I Still Don't Care About Cookies.

Mutzu
Strollin' around

@bogomil 

I don't think this would be a problem if users had to consciously activate this feature. (You could ask them to do so the first time they start Firefox).

Additionally, you could add excluded websites to a list in the settings.

Mutzu
Strollin' around

@tigo_cat Thank you! I didn' know that!
Ok, then I would be in favour of a standard, e.g. fixed html-ids for the popup, the selection and the buttons, so that every cookie consent popup can be intercepted.
And the plugin should become a standard part of Firefox. 🙂

alfalfascout
Strollin' around

I have heard that an option for this already exists in an early state.

If you go to about:config and set the property cookiebanners.service.mode to 2, they should auto-refuse cookies and stop bothering you.

A little more info about these new options here? https://community.mozilla.org/en/campaigns/firefox-cookie-banner-handling/ 

Mutzu
Strollin' around

@alfalfascoutThank you!