cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youtube Aug 2024 stopped working

Breite_Gu1
Making moves

Hi there,

I recently (Aug 2024) updated my Pi-Hole and the result is: youtube stopped working in firefox all together, wheras ...

in Google-Chrome it is working as usual. Reverting the Pi-Hole to the condition before does not resolve the issue and youtube in firefox remains unusable - no playback ever starts. Message is: Try restarting you device, which I did multiple times, to no avail. My Firefox Ver. is: 115.14.0esr (64-bit) on a Win-7 PC.

Just to let you know. Best regards, Gunter

3 REPLIES 3

javiercarpenter
Making moves

Have you tried disabling Pi-Hole temporarily, Gunter? If YouTube starts working normally in Firefox again, it points to Pi-Hole blocking something necessary. Then you can focus on whitelisting the right domains.

Hi there. I tried disabling the Pi-hole. Also taking the Pi off-line all together.

The result is the same: YOUTUBE won't work in Firefox, but does in Chrome

It even works on the Pi itself (in Firefox) but not on the Win-7 PC.

So I doubt it has anything to do with Pi-hole.

Breite_Gu
Making moves

Hi there again,

I received a feedback, which was pointing me to my Pi-hole (Next best guess) - but a logical root cause exam was pointing anywhere else, but.

However: Today I updated my FF to 115.15.0esr (64-bit) and the issue has disappeared, it is working again. So I thought: Mozilla also deserves: "Some positive Feedback". Well done folks !!