cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youtube audio still play in background when video is paused.

Zuzia
Making moves

Hi like in subject, i read meny forum with this problem in old version FF or with FlashPlayer but now is only HTML5 and this is so wierd problem. Mozilla FF version 126.0.1 (64 bity). Windows 10.Refresh page somtime help but another video again open with dual audio again. (Same audio two times). Restart pc not help. Autoplay audio i block on url adress bar.I record all for you also on OBS you can see audio scale, after pause.

https://youtu.be/1p8H-xxFuuI

Any idea how to fix this? Wideo and audio on other site, like Netflix or Twich is ok.

Audio problem on YT FireFox 126.0.1 (64 bity)
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Zuzia
Making moves

Hi i check my all plugin and this is not problem, but i fix this becouse next day also YT short was all black screen with audio only... I run FF with Shift pressed and i refresh browser, this fix all the problem, You not lost any History or fav site but you must synchronise Your plugins again and download all script again if you use Tampermonkey or other like this. I have hope this help You please write Your answer here if this help, good luck! If this also work for You please mark my post as solution thanks...

View solution in original post

fraxro
Making moves

Yeah you right, but something is changing in apple ecosystem. I'm using macOS for a year now and I love it, and I'm a lifelong windows's user.
Anyway I resolved the problem doing a factory reset of FF. Thanks for the help, it was really useful

Zuzia
Making moves

Solution:
Not mater what OS you use Windows or osX, ios, Reset FF to factory setting... : )

18 REPLIES 18

fraxro
Making moves

I have the same problem. Somebody has this problem too?

Zuzia
Making moves

Hi i check my all plugin and this is not problem, but i fix this becouse next day also YT short was all black screen with audio only... I run FF with Shift pressed and i refresh browser, this fix all the problem, You not lost any History or fav site but you must synchronise Your plugins again and download all script again if you use Tampermonkey or other like this. I have hope this help You please write Your answer here if this help, good luck! If this also work for You please mark my post as solution thanks...

fraxro
Making moves

Hi, I tried but it didnt work. I have a macbook and nothing happen when i try. I tried to delete cookies and etc but problem still remain. Thank u anyway. I you have any other idea please let me know.

Zuzia
Making moves

You use FF on mac? Then you even cant install plugins if not in appstore 😞 I give my ipad my Mom coz i hate apple any OS. Try open YT on Safari if problem not egsist then this is 99% FF setting problem i think. Mayby you can try write in URL about:config then look if all setting is reset to defoult and look YT again.

fraxro
Making moves

Yeah you can install all of the addons. I regularly use ublock, tapermonkey, sponsoblock and many other. You dont need to install them from the appstore. Anyway the problem exist just in FF 😥

Zuzia
Making moves

Maybe becouse ios is not osX becouse on tablet i cant do this 😞 i also want use FF but limit in plugins make me use edge. Also i hate all apps like YT becouse i cant block add, and i use YT in browser, but when i do this, i cant edit any comment on YT in browser becouse when i press edit button nothing happend.
Also stupid discord alweys ring me on 3 am after i close my pc go sleep then all ppl who call me on discord on pc also call me on ipad meny hour later but that was bug becouse when i check no one answer me only discord ring and show me someone call and on audio in difrent tab. That was too much for me. I like apple tablet for resolution retina audio and sim card but nothing more, thats why my Mom use this now, and i back to old laptop with windows or linux not mater. Only not apple ecosystem... Also price for aps like ullysses simple Markdown editor is not acceptable for me if same almost app is free on linux, I rly can bay some m1 cpu macbook for work but no sim card slot kill all this laptop for me, who need super fast cpu in smal mobile laptop if you can use only wifi... This is disaster. Check about:config Friend like i sugest before. Also remember restart browser after any changes. I will be here if i take some idea i write You more : )

fraxro
Making moves

Yeah you right, but something is changing in apple ecosystem. I'm using macOS for a year now and I love it, and I'm a lifelong windows's user.
Anyway I resolved the problem doing a factory reset of FF. Thanks for the help, it was really useful

Im happy i can help 🙂 byebye!

Zuzia
Making moves

Solution:
Not mater what OS you use Windows or osX, ios, Reset FF to factory setting... : )

Sometimes it might help to just clear browser cache and delete all cookies. 🙂

Hi i try delete all coockies for YT only and not work for me 🙂 but You right Sometime can help : )

it didnt work because when you set up add-ons and restart ff after "synchronisation of plugins and download all script again like Tampermonkey or other" the same problem exist: no picture at shorts and double sound at all videos

FF Version 127.0 (64-bit)

Problem doesnt solved but at all sites no youtube video can be played with message: FF cannot open page for your security, raw.githubusercontent.com cannot allow Firefox page preview if someone page incudeed it To see this page open a new window!

Hi this is only sugestion try disable all addons and on it one by one. Also try open YT on secure mode (private) browser and check something change or not. I also have black screen on YT short before but after refresh all work for me without any problems. No dual audio or BS in short. Message You tell about most time is becouse is some add blocker or some YT downloader. Then i think some plugin who i dont use, can make this problem for You... What os You use? Or as you tell "raw.githubusercontent.com" some github script work and YT try block it. You know probably what you add from github.

w11, at safe mode all are ok but I need add-ons ON and not OFF!

Hi I know then on addons but one by one probably some addon is Your problem Friend 🙂

I think some random plugin from your list can be problem. Or 2 if work together, best way will be test it one by one after restart browser. I know this will be time consuming but You can fix and know the reason when you end 🙂 Best what you can do i think. Try and if work please write name or addon here. Thanks! 🙂

what do you mean about list? youtube playlist? alla videos have he same problem (shorts or not) at safe mode also after some restarts the results are the same. I speak for FF browser only! Edge never had problem!

Hi Friend About list i mean Firefox about:addons You can vrite this in URL or just go:

tools >setting>plugins and themes or something like this then you have list all your plugin installed in browser. I have hope this help you 🙂