cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why so pushy with the post update stuff? Is this only on Beta branches?

Koli
Making moves

Firefox resets my Firefox Color theme about 2-3 times a year, such as today on the beta branch with version 106. Why is this necessary? During the wizard, I clicked specifically "skip this step" for the theme picker, and right after that it reset back to the default white. And what's the point of pinning private browsing? I wouldn't even be writing this if it didn't cause me additional work just to get back what I had previously. I love Mozilla and no plans to switch browsers again, but I don't feel the same energy from Firefox than like 2 years ago. Quantum, Project Servo, etc were really exciting and the platform felt genuinely superior. I don't like the new design, I miss the silly dinosaur on the not found page, I miss the ability of a dropdown menu at the end of the addressbar, yet I am asked to set my theme every 5 versions, I am perfectly happy with the last one, thank you.

Could this be specific to being on Beta? I signed up because I was enthusiastic about the new performance improvements, and for many months now, I don't really see a benefit to it, I was just lazy to switch back. Thank you for hearing me out!

3 REPLIES 3

flyerxl
Making moves

Yeah, it would be great if they'd stop trying to be cute and "helpful" and just be, oh I don't know, a web browser.

I see the point that they have to try things, because just being a web browser, while being a nonprofit company and not be backed by big tech, nor having a massive market share, is probably not enough for survival. They could start that however with a "would you like to even bother?", or at the very least don't behave unexpectedly, and skipping a step should not revert settings to default

chk1
Making moves

I edited this post; before there was a complaint here about the "thanks for loving Firefox" welcome tour wizard and its slow animations and that it couldn't be skipped. I just found out it's just another browser tab and can just be closed.