cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did Mozilla Firefox go backwards and remove the darkened mark identifying an open Tab page?

kday
Making moves

Why would Mozilla remove the darkened mark signaling on open tab that's being used to help you find where your open Tab page is at? What benefit was it for Mozilla Firefox to now confuse users by not being able to tell where they left off or where their open Tab page is if the user open several Tab pages and have to leave that page before having to come back to it? 

It's like someone just said let's make Firefox a confusing mess if you open multiple tabs now, from the way it used to be? Who decision was it to take off the dark identifying sign on an open tab?

Can you guys once again put a dark mark on the open tab so I won't have to scan through 30 open tabs trying to find the Tab page I was working in?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

jscher2000
Leader

Hi, where was the dark mark before? On my theme, the active tab has a lighter background, so that's probably not what you mean...

Hi, once upon a time when you opened a tab the whole tab would go dark, to let you know what tab you're active in. When you left that Tab, it left a dark mark as the last used Tab to let the user know where he last left off.

Today, when you leave your last Tab to go to a new tab, because sometimes Firefox forces you to leave your tab, your just disappears and you may have to search through a needle in a haystack to find where you were if the Firefox shift you to a new tab to search for some or open a new tab for some, leaving your old active page buried with no mark or sign telling you where you were before Firefox shifted you to a new temporary tab for a temporary issue. In the past when you were shifted out of your current tab, your old tab remained a dark color to let you know where your original tab is among thirty open tabs.

@kday wrote:

Hi, once upon a time when you opened a tab the whole tab would go dark, to let you know what tab you're active in. When you left that Tab, it left a dark mark as the last used Tab to let the user know where he last left off.

To be honest, I don't remember that. I just remember active looking different from inactive.

Maybe take a look at my add-on which lists your recently active tabs in access time order? By default, you access the list by right-clicking the toolbar button, but you can change the behavior to show the list on left-click.

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/switch-to-previous-active-tab/