cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happend to alternate search engine options" in URL bar fin FF98.0.1

Canadian_user
Making moves

Just got updated today..

major WHAT IN THE.......... Previously, I had DDG as default search engine and Google as alternate.

When searching from the URL bar, there WAS.....an opinion was there to select "alternate" search engine. The URL BAR now shows no alternate search engines now... IT worked fine 24 hrs ago.

Tried disabling all of my addons, rebooted, no change. URL BAR still not showing "ALTERNATE" search engines, regardless if I check all of them by default in Settings-->Search--> Search Shortcuts .

Oh and "restore default search engines" button in Settings-->Search--> Search Shortcuts is disabled...

Say what.....

Signed:

Somewhat Ticked in Canada

5 REPLIES 5

Canadian_user
Making moves

I found out why it messed up.. For some reason the UPDATE MESSED UP MY PROFILE. I had to make a  new profile 😞

elpeix
Making moves

I have the same problem too.

jscher2000
Leader

In your screenshot, the check mark is missing from the left column of the Shortcuts box for all of the other search engines. I don't know what would cause that to suddenly happen, but possibly the search.json.mozlz4 file became corrupted somehow.

leftblank15
Making moves

I'm in version 109.0, and, ever since v108.0.2, I can't Google-search, from the menu-bar, when switching from the default DuckDuckGo-search results !  I've got TWO search-boxes, in the title-bar, and the way to change search-engines, on a temporary-basis, is to click-upon the "spyglass"-icon in the right-hand search-box, and the drop-down window, at its bottom, says, " This time, search with : " -- THAT'S where the "Google"-icon appears, and NORMAL-behavior, when clicking-upon the Google-icon, is that the search would be re-run, using the Google search-engine, but it is a no-go, now !  The "Bing"-search engine icon STILL seems to work .  It is possible that my third-party firewall rule-set, is interfering, with the Google-icon's search-engine's activation .

@leftblank15 wrote:

I'm in version 109.0, and, ever since v108.0.2, I can't Google-search, from the menu-bar, when switching from the default DuckDuckGo-search results !  I've got TWO search-boxes, in the title-bar, and the way to change search-engines, on a temporary-basis, is to click-upon the "spyglass"-icon in the right-hand search-box, and the drop-down window, at its bottom, says, " This time, search with : " -- THAT'S where the "Google"-icon appears, and NORMAL-behavior, when clicking-upon the Google-icon, is that the search would be re-run, using the Google search-engine, but it is a no-go, now !  The "Bing"-search engine icon STILL seems to work .  It is possible that my third-party firewall rule-set, is interfering, with the Google-icon's search-engine's activation .

Just for testing, if you switch your default search engine to Google -- on the classic Search bar drop-down, you can right-click the Google icon under "this time" and choose Set As Default Search Engine -- can Firefox send a search to Google at all?

If not, I suggest posting this problem on the Mozilla Support site. They have a team of support volunteers to troubleshoot malfunctions with your currently installed version of Firefox, while this site is focused on idea submissions for future versions of Firefox (looking ahead anywhere from 8 weeks to many months). Here's a link to the new question form (for Windows/Mac/Linux): https://mzl.la/3y1vQUQ